Neighbors: Brazil To Help Uruguay Avoid Argentina

It's already a failure, but it will take a little more time for all the consequences to manifest themselves.

Doesnt look well, does it?

I too am not optimistic.

What makes me think, how sad is this, because the only way we common citizen have to avoid all these situations, the only tool we have, is the vote, is controlling the people in power, is making sure that they have the country in order.
But if the power is not in their hands, if the political and economical power are indeed in other peoples hands, which we cant control with any mechanism, then the problem is much more serious and this is not in fact a democracy.

If the dollar restriction works or not we ll know it in two years, when Kirchnerismo ends. If they do not finish like the Militars, Alfonsin, and Menemismo/Alianza, with a huge crisis, big chaotic social situation (what we had in December multiplied for 10, and most importantly -spontaneous), if they dont leave the country under hyperinflation, if they leave it with some reserves (like we currently have and they are trying to mantain), if we dont have a huge social crisis, with way much more poverty than we have now, more crime, no social plans of any kind, unemployment, if they can keep their political power, control institutions (such as unions, police, etc) then I will consider this measure a triumph.

I guess if you set the bar low enough then anything is possible, yes?

The bar is low, but you can always go even more down...

If the heatwave had lasted 4 or 5 more days and the power grid collapsed (It would have been much worse than it was) it may have caused riots and very serious problems for the government. I'm sure that if the model is "a success" there's nothing that would scare them, after all they cleared December. Some people are not so optimistic and can't see the Cristina making it past December of this year. I hope for the sake of everyone that madness will be limited to the silly things that are said daily and that nothing major will happen.

Back