Nestor Kirchner has just passed

Maybe he is not really dead. A lot of people think they will go to jail after new elections, maybe they are faking his death and he is really going MIA, and what a better day then when everyone has to stay home anyway...... That is what i would do.

pauper said:
I dunno, what does catalsytic mean?

OK - I can't spell when I type ..... Will it be the forerunner of a significant change in the country? (Is that better as a question?)

This story has all the hallmarks of an Argentinian tragedy . Very telling that it is on the day of the census.

I believe that it will help the peronist vote more especially as the sympathy vote is very strong in this country .

Very interesting times.

Although I disagreed with his politics I respected his contributions to Argentina. This must be a tough time for his wife, current Presidenta Cristina Kirchner and all Peronistas. This is a major blow to the Front for Victory. I wish his family the best. RIP Nestor

Liam3494 said:
OK - I can't spell when I type ..... Will it be the forerunner of a significant change in the country? (Is that better as a question?)

Its very hard to tell at this stage. I know from sources close to the president that she wasn't keen on running again despite having the second best numbers of all the potential candidates (behind Nestor). Maybe this will change her mind and revitalise her maybe it will be the end, then we have to ask who will run for the FPV, perhaps Scioli?, he would still be a good chance.

esllou said:
one less to count in the census!
They counted him first and he will remain on the payroll for 10 more years.

‘We are filled with sorrow,’ D’Elía says

32988_delia.jpg
Picketer leader Luis D'Elía.

Pro-government picket leader Luis D'Elía spoke after former President Néstor Kirchner died early this morning and showed he was highly shocked by the news. "This is terrible, I found out through the media, we are filled with sorrow," D'Elía stated, crying.
"We took our country out of one of its worst crisis, A great politician is leaving us, I cannot believe it. He was my brother, an unbeatable partner," the picketer said.
D'Elía sent his regards to President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner and unveiled his feelings: "We are all filled with sorrow and dismay."

Back