Nestor Kirchner has just passed

He abused his power and padded his pocket. he was a crook, a thief, a deceiver, just like his widow. She is one wealthy widow, perhaps, one of the wealthiest in the country. One person has told me repeatedly that she had a long affair with the governor of Salta I think it was.

Anyway, I dont admire politicians who pad their pockets so shamelessly.

ghost said:
‘We are filled with sorrow,’ D’Elía says

Pro-government picket leader Luis D'Elía spoke after former President Néstor Kirchner died early this morning and showed he was highly shocked by the news. "This is terrible, I found out through the media, we are filled with sorrow," D'Elía stated, crying.
"We took our country out of one of its worst crisis, A great politician is leaving us, I cannot believe it. He was my brother, an unbeatable partner," the picketer said.
D'Elía sent his regards to President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner and unveiled his feelings: "We are all filled with sorrow and dismay."

He's probably mainly worried that the source of cash for his band of thugs and himself may dry up.

gouchobob said:
He's probably mainly worried that the source of cash for his band of thugs and himself may dry up.

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with your remarks. Making cheap political points from a tragedy says a lot about your insensitive personality.

Can't say I'm sad at the news - the man was a shameless, conniving crook who did his best to wreck the country's institutions. We shall now see whether Cristina is the painted puppet many think she is, or Presidential material.

Good it happened before they had the chance to ram that nefarious "Ley de Medios" through Congress.

perry said:
You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with your remarks. Making cheap political points from a tragedy says a lot about your insensitive personality.

Not a cheap political point just telling it like it is(hopefully soon, like it was). The only thing at the bottom of the barrel are people with blinders on who support these criminals.

SaraSara said:
Can't say I'm sad at the news - the man was a shameless, conniving crook who did his best to wreck the country's institutions. We shall now see whether Cristina is the painted puppet many think she is, or Presidential material.

Good it happened before they had the chance to ram that nefarious "Ley de Medios" through Congress.

The country didn't have much to show as far as institutions are concerned when he came to power.

I like the puppet argument. Perhaps you recall it being used in reverse when Nestor came to power (and Cristina was far more well known politically).

As for the media law, I really don't know what to say - I continually overestimate your knowledge of your own country.

Back