New and already had a gun pulled on me

nlaruccia said:
You're right, he was stabbed. Anyway, the point is that he was killed for resisting an attempted robbery.
I was resisting someone w a gun possibly getting me an attractive female alone in my apartment. My possessions were the least of my worries. I dd the right thing for me in this situation.

flashyashi said:
I was resisting someone w a gun possibly getting me an attractive female alone in my apartment. My possessions were the least of my worries. I dd the right thing for me in this situation.

I agree Flashyashi!

flashyashi said:
LOL....sarcastic much DavieW
Hey, I'm English - it's in my blood.

So....you on for dinner or what?*

* I'm also a bit of a chancer. ;-)
(I've been here for 5 years - I learnt from the locals.)

DavieW said:
(I've been here for 5 years - I learnt from the locals.)

Is this also where you "learnt" your grammar..or are you just mocking the locals?

Either way, you're digging yourself in deep. :p

I've been here for almost six years.

I've got almost everthing I've ever wanted.

Now all I need is an heir...and a her: "an attractive female" (regardless of nationality) with whom to create one. ;)

Me thinks is the right spelling for the verb. "Learned" is an adjective...
Dude, what's wrong with your carriage return key??

flashyashi said:
Currenlty I am living in Palermo Soho but seeing how I had a man pull a gun on me as I was opening my lobby door I am considering moving. I stood up to him and just started yelling at him in English and he backed off and left
You handled the situation well. Not resisting would not have guaranteed you survival.

steveinbsas said:
Is this also where you "learnt" your grammar..or are you just mocking the locals?
Tsk steve....both forms of the verb 'to learn' in the past tense and as the past participle (regular 'ed' and the T-form) are valid.

Where was you learnt English?

;-)

DavieW said:
Tsk steve....both forms of the verb 'to learn' in the past tense and as the past participle (regular 'ed' and the T-form) are valid.

Where was you learnt English?

;-)

From listening to rock music, especially Pink Floid.

I don't need no edgeucashion. :p

Except how to zap a would be mugger (in the city) with a stun gun.

Unless he has one that shoots bullets.

Fortunately, I no longer live in the city.

Or in fear.

And learnt just don't sound right to to those of us barn in the narth.

Back