new and needing advice!

gg22

Registered
hello! i am glad i found your site. i would like to find a great apartment to buy in b.a. and i want the best area possible. if i get to travel a bit, i could then rent my place out. but i want it to live in. do you think i will be in trouble not speaking spanish?

could anyone recommend the best areas? the best way to buy? through an agent? with an owner direct?

any and all advice would be appreciated.

i would consider renting first!

GG, welcome! Be prepared for the negative comments that will be following this post.
I think buying a rental property in BA is a great idea. Tourism is booming, and if done right, you could make a nice little revenue stream when you aren't there.
Be sure to do your homework and use a reputable realtor to assist. I would not do an owner direct deal. IMO, it is worth the 3% in commission to have a realtor and their team assist you.
For areas with the best rental potential for traveller's , I would say Recoleta followed by Palermo and then Puerto Madero are your best bests.
Suerte!

Hello. My name is Carlos.
I just want to inform you, I am offering Spanish classes for all levels in Buenos Aires.
I am a native Argentine, naturalized American, who lived in the US for 26 years.
I studied languages at the University of Rosario, 300 Km. from Buenos Aires. In 1980 I moved to California. There I took English as a Second Language, Spanish Literature and Simultaneous Interpretation at the UCLA. I have been working as an Interpreter and as a Language Professor for a good part of my life. In the US, I taught Spanish to English speakers, and English to Spanish speakers. I have taken training courses on Teaching Techniques. I teach with the same system that the US uses to teach their Foreingn Services (FSI)
What I teach my students is quickly stored in the long-term memory. My students advance fast, and with minimum effort. And I stand by my teaching. If for any reason, a student lags behind, I give him/her support classes free of charge until he/she catches up. That is my guarantee for a successful learning. I do follow the curricula most Institutes follow, but I prepare my lessons custom made to the specific needs and expectations of the student.
My regular rate is $25 per hour (Arg. pesos) For immersion or intensive courses, please ask for quote.
I cover the whole city of Buenos Aires, and some parts of the Greater Buenos Aires area.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me, either by email, at [email protected], or by phone at 15 6361 1308. You´ll be glad you did.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Carlos

Back