New At Rio Soup Kitchen: Argentines

Yes, mistreated by the plantation owners that made up what? 0.01% of the population? That is hardly representative. They were treated as poorly as most Brazilians who at the time were not plantation owners, which is 99.9% of the population. But the 99% accepted the Japanese just fine and intermarriage was very common.
I was like 10 years old when I learned that Asian looking japanese descendants actually came from somewhere else. I simply assumed (just like most other kids) that asian features were just a normal variation of people, like heigh, nose type or eye color. That is how integrated the Japanese were.

OK on the 0.01% the number of plantation owners back then in Brazil. But 99.0% of Nipponese inmigrants were to be working in the plantations of coffee or sugar cane owned by the minority. The "colonos: that somehow managed to escape from those lurid infernos where most of them has perished but and a few and desperates ended in nearby cities were the lucky ones. I have met so many old timers whom told those stories. But now, everything is more lovable there ! So even the Chinese gets treated equally good in the country of good food and all sorts of fruits and in abundance!

So no more Hermanos na final?

Argentines are always casually referred to as "hermanos". And no other LATAM country gets referred to as such, only Argentines. But, when it is football, "hermanos" or not, they are always the enemy.

So no more Hermanos na final?

Neighbours dont support each other in big sporting finals. I doubt the Dutch will be supporting Germany. That's life. Doesnt mean war is about to break out. No need for the petty point scoring or scouring the net for tittle tattle.

Back