New At Rio Soup Kitchen: Argentines

I never claimed to have a "brotherly" feeling towards Argentina myself, specially after living in Argentina and being treated the way I was. But most Brazilians, right or wrong, have that feeling.

Yeah, that's not my experience, but whatever. I think I probably disagree with about 90% of your posts anyway, so that's comforting enough.

Yeah, that's not my experience, but whatever. I think I probably disagree with about 90% of your posts anyway, so that's comforting enough.

Yeah, it is expected that the white guy from Dublin might have a slightly different experience. Whatever indeed.

So why not just move to a different place where people treat you differently? Life is too short to live in a country that you do not like.

So why not just move to a different place where people treat you differently? Life is too short to live in a country that you do not like.

I actually did. I now come to Argentina just a few months a year for work.

Welcomed Japanese emigrants? Not what I heard from the Isseis there. The japanese emigrants were treated almost as slaves
in the days at the plantation. Wetbacking for the Portuguese patrons,in the coffeee and sugar fincas, the J's were treated same as the "Pretos" even the Italian emigrants were treated much in favour due to their "whiteness"..camberiu-san, I agree with you in almost the entirety of your posts but not this one...

There's a good movie on this topic: http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9B02E1DF153BF934A25755C0A967948260

Still you spend an awful lot of time on the Argentina forum - for somebody trying to get away from the country as much as possible ...

Now you are making inferences. The fact that I feel no brotherly love for Argentina due to some experiences here is very different from wanting to get away as much as possible. And you seem very engaged and inquisitive for someone who appears to dislike most of my posts. Why not just block me and spare the other users from having to witness these types of pissing contests? I find reading them most boring and i am sure most other users agree.

Back