New Electric Bill Arrived: And The Total Is....

Sure, right, a huge tax lift doesn't not create a deficit in the resources of the State... Right...sure...

I previously posted that I expected a large increase in the "next" electric bill.

The previous bill was for 62 days (13/11/15 - 14/01/16) and the usage was 320 KWH: $485 (without subsidy).

The current bill is for 56 days (14/01/16 - 10/03/16) and the usage was 279 KWH: $288 (without subsidy).

I still expect a large increase in the next bill.
emo32.gif

Cba. - province - small town. Jan. 843 pesos. March - 2,800 pesos. We have an AC unit which we use quiet a bit during the hot days and never at night. We have never had subsudies in Cba. and electricity has always been an expensive utility. Each of these bills is for 2 months usage. Our appliances . - fridge and washer are fairly new as is our tv and we ty to turn off all our lights when we leave that area.

Cba. - province - small town. Jan. 843 pesos. March - 2,800 pesos. We have an AC unit which we use quiet a bit during the hot days and never at night. We have never had subsudies in Cba. and electricity has always been an expensive utility. Each of these bills is for 2 months usage. Our appliances . - fridge and washer are fairly new as is our tv and we ty to turn off all our lights when we leave that area.

I never understood this discrimination of interior. You are obviously using electricity in similar way as me, and I pay 100 pesos, you 28x more. And not many people seem to see that weird here...

I never understood this discrimination of interior. You are obviously using electricity in similar way as me, and I pay 100 pesos, you 28x more. And not many people seem to see that weird here...

Its interesting. In Congo, the more poorer /lower class the area..cheaper is the elec. and the better the area/ubicacion - higher the cost...My monthly bill there was almost 150 usd which was very high by standards there. Here it is ..just 6 usd a month.

I previously posted that I expected a large increase in the "next" electric bill.

The previous bill was for 62 days (13/11/15 - 14/01/16) and the usage was 320 KWH: $485 (without subsidy).

The current bill is for 56 days (14/01/16 - 10/03/16) and the usage was 279 KWH: $288 (without subsidy).

I still expect a large increase in the next bill.
emo32.gif

I just received the "next" bill.

It is for 64 days (10/03/16-13/05/16) and the usage was 276 KWH: The net amount due is $335.

I have no idea how or why, but the current bill shows a subsidy of almost $87 pesos.

The actural charge for electricity used (without a subsidy) is $157,57. The total of the taxes and other charges is $265.
emo32.gif

It is for 64 days (10/03/16-13/05/16) and the usage was 276 KWH: The net amount due is $335.

I have no idea how or why, but the current bill shows a subsidy of almost $87 pesos.

The actual charge for electricity used (without a subsidy) is $157,57. The total of the taxes and other charges is $265.
emo32.gif

It is for 63 days (13/05/16-15/07/16) and the usage was 309 KWH: The net amount due is $344.76.

There is no subsidy (but there was one last month when the usage was less than 300 KWH). I don't know exactly why it appeared on one bill and disappeared the next.

The actual charge for electricity used (without a subsidy) is $278.70.

The total of the taxes and other charges is $66.06, but there are only two now: IVA and IMP. LEY. 11769 ART 45. There used to be six separate taxes plus the IVA.

Previously there was a charge for TASA DE ALUMBRADO PUBLICO. Last bill the amount dropped from $60 pesos to $32 pesos. Now it's gone.

Alumbrado publico should not be charged by the power provider since you already pay for that with your municipal property tax.....

Alumbrado publico should not be charged by the power provider since you already pay for that with your municipal property tax.....

I checked my electric bills for the past five years. Until the current bill there was always a charge for Alumbrado publico.

The municipal tax bill is for "Conservacion, Reparacion, Mejorado de la Red Vial Municipal y Servicios Generales"

The tax due for 2016 was $320 pesos but with the 30% discount for paying the entire year before February 29th the actual amount I paid was $268.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but the power is supplied by a co-op.

PS: I also pay ARBA (similar to the ABL). It was about $1400 pesos in 2016, but the discount for paying the entire year in February was only 10%.

Back