New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

I hope the situation is being exaggerated.
If the applicants acted in good faith, surely a court would put the deportations on hold while this is being sorted out?

The person in question was an employee of the Court. Many if not most of those applicants had no idea - and could not have had any idea - of the alleged corruption. They simply dealt with the court as they were supposed to. And they took the oath of citizenship before the judge.

If the actions of a court can be retroactively rendered void (absent clear proof of bad faith, say bribing a judge) this does not exactly inspire confidence in the Argentine legal system. And this is totally separate from and irrespective of how the government chooses to deal with this.

The Chinese are smart - you think they had no idea that these 'fees' were not for the right purpose? When they entered the country originally what did they state as their intention for visiting and under what law did they originally obtain residency before applying for citizenship?

Paying money to a gestor is not unheard of in this country. Far from it. And 5000 pesos is not even a lot of money. Especially for someone who speaks your (foreign) language, where you have neither the language much less the skills to navigate the court system.

There is very little logical correlation between paying 300 dollars (to someone who's been recommended as knowing the way of the land) on one hand, and forged signatures on the other.

I don't think that comes even close to the standard for proving bad faith.

Paying money to a gestor is not unheard of in this country. Far from it. And 5000 pesos is not even a lot of money. Especially for someone who speaks your (foreign) language, where you have neither the language much less the skills to navigate the court system.

There is very little logical correlation between paying 300 dollars (to someone who's been recommended as knowing the way of the land) on one hand, and forged signatures on the other.

5000 pesos back in 2005-2006 were some 1600-1800 dollars.

The story is not that simple to be honest. The case of Wei Jia (the Chinese person getting the news coverage on TheBubble and Infobae) lives in Buenos Aires (since 2002) yet went to Cordoba to apply for citizenship because, according to him, he read it in a Chinese magazine that they give out citizenship in Cordoba. He went there with the gestora and gave her 5000 pesos.
  • What address did he put on the form when applying for citizenship?
  • He has a supermarket in Recoleta. He owns an apartment in Argentina. He knows how to run a business and own properties but is incapable of understanding basic laws?
  • Does him breaking the law not count because the assumption is he didn't know he was breaking the law? Slippery slope, that one.
  • How many people should be allowed to keep their citizenship obtained through fraudulent means simply because their previous citizenship has been revoked? Do they automatically become victims in the situation even though the consequences of their actions are fully known?
Fraud or fraudulent intent to obtain citizenship should be one of the most serious crimes in any country. The reason he's being treated harshly is because he's a suspect precisely in obtaining Argentine citizenship illegally and through fraudulent means. Of course, the way he is being treated should be within the bounds of the law. I'm sure someone more informed than me will be able to comment on whether his treatment itself is legal or not.

I hope the situation is being exaggerated.
If the applicants acted in good faith, surely a court would put the deportations on hold while this is being sorted out?

The person in question was an employee of the Court. Many if not most of those applicants had no idea - and could not have had any idea - of the alleged corruption. They simply dealt with the court as they were supposed to. And they took the oath of citizenship before the judge.

If the actions of a court can be retroactively rendered void (absent clear proof of bad faith, say bribing a judge) this does not exactly inspire confidence in the Argentine legal system. And this is totally separate from and irrespective of how the government chooses to deal with this.

As usual, you are wrong.

Citizenship can be revoqued by fraud and the SC leading precedents quote American precedents from the US and American books about citizenship.

They were not naive, I was one year without any contract because of this paralegal. People who consulted me complained that I was too expensive and slow. My reply was that's the way it is when everything is legal. Citizenship was granted there right away because they were selling them for 2000 usd.

Now I have 500 potencial cases to fix.

I was in Cordoba yesterday at the Federal Court trying to get the precedent where they cancel the 500 citizenships.

The Chinese are smart - you think they had no idea that these 'fees' were not for the right purpose? When they entered the country originally what did they state as their intention for visiting and under what law did they originally obtain residency before applying for citizenship?

WTF are you talking about? Most of the members of this forum are as illegals as the Chinese you mentioned.

Well, well, well, how do you explained that 500 citizenships were cancel?

Answer, you are [almost] always wrong.

Back