New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

By the way, today another 2 appeals before Supreme Court were granted were I was attacking the new DNU. So, now the SC has to decide if this is unconstitutional or not.

I also attacked the language test.

Yes, it can be revoked. It has nothing to do with hiring or not a paralegal. It is all about fraud.

Fine.

But what about a proper hearing - and the right to defend - considering you used to say "citizenship is written in stone"!

You will reply - except when there is fraud.

Fine - but a citizen should be given a ample chance to prove its not "fraud" in a court of law and defend himself and not just be packed off to "no where land" after he thought he had citizenship allocated to him 5-10 years ago written in "stone".

Huh?
If you mean to refer to something I wrote, be so kind as to refresh my memory. I have no clue what you're talking about.

That this administration is predictable because they are just refreshing old legislation...

Fine.

But what about a proper hearing - and the right to defend - considering you used to say "citizenship is written in stone"!

You will reply - except when there is fraud.

Fine - but a citizen should be given a ample chance to prove its not "fraud" in a court of law and defend himself and not just be packed off to "no where land" after he thought he had citizenship allocated to him 5-10 years ago written in "stone".

Good luck. I have over 50 cases at SC on complain for violation of the defense rights and another 70 appeals about the same that are going to finish at SC.

Good luck. I have over 50 cases at SC on complain for violation of the defense rights and another 70 appeals about the same that are going to finish at SC.

Please tell us what does SC judges think of "violation of defense rights" and " how much is the percentage success".

What happening with the Cordoba guys -400 of them ? Are they sleeping in their homes? In a jail with mules? Or already back in China?

I am imagining you must be richest lawyer in Argentina today ! :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you didn't understand the question.

The point is that (we are assuming for purposes of this discussion that) ElCordobes committed no fraud. He engaged in the process exactly as prescribed.

Had this secretary's signature been in his file, (you seem to be saying that) his citizenship would be revoked over malfeasance of an officer (or employee) of the Court. Not on the part of the applicant.
If that is so, then that is a travesty of justice, certainly nothing similar to the US citizenship law that you say SC precedents here refer to.

As I pointed out before, in the US people have made fairly substantial misrepresentations in both their visa and citizenship application and the SCOTUS ruled for their citizenship to not be revoked.

[Bored, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]

Sounds like you didn't understand the reply [as usual].

Citizenship achieved without fraud is not revokable in theory.

However, the early precedents about it said that citizenship was not revokable no matter what.

But there was a big scandal with a very well known pimp who got citizenship. When the Prosecutor saw the file he realized that police lied about his criminal records: they hide that he has records for trafficking women for prostitution and that he owned several cabarets.

So, that Prosecutor achieved the revocation of that citizenship quoting American precedents and books about citizenship.

Why they were accepted? Simple. Americans didn't invent anything, Romans did. The root is the same.

After this first case, American and AR precedents followed different paths.

Please tell us what does SC judges think of "violation of defense rights" and " how much is the percentage success".

What happening with the Cordoba guys -400 of them ? Are they sleeping in their homes? In a jail with mules? Or already back in China?

SC is going to enact only one or two decision and to apply to all my cases.

However, to have a rain of cases from all over the country about an specific topic is my particular strategy to achieve new leading precedents from others chambers of appeals that might influence others and induce a change on the precedents. That´s how I achieve 4 appeals before SC granted. I do not need all of them to be granted by SC, one is enough for KO.

As far as the "humor" of judges is bad, the same than the new DNU, my strategy is to do not stop until SC. It is slower perhaps but meanwhile they are protected from deportation, the DNU might fall, the government might fall and SC might make them fall and the cases can be won.

The same happens with SC, if there is a hundred cases it means that they have to decide. I think this is the first time so many cases arrives to SC (all of them are very complex).

Where is this people, I have no idea, they are going to start calling me as soon as they start knowing they have issues.

If in fact US precedent guides Argentine courts, it emerges that if the Chinese were in fact entitled to Argentine citizenship - which bajo would be the first to argue that they are - there becomes a big question of how and why it would be revoked.

Seems that the Secretary was selling them to a paralegal, so, they by passed the prosecutor who's work is to control the judge. It means, they were granted without the legal opinion of the prosecutor. However, I didn't get the precedents yet. I didn't have time since I arrived from a 6500 kms travel around the Federal Courts of the countryside on Tuesday.

[Bored, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]

Sounds like you didn't understand the reply [as usual].

Citizenship achieved without fraud is not revokable in theory.

However, the early precedents about it said that citizenship was not revokable no matter what.

But there was a big scandal with a very well known pimp who got citizenship. When the Prosecutor saw the file he realized that police lied about his criminal records: they hide that he has records for trafficking women for prostitution and that he owned several cabarets.

So, that Prosecutor achieved the revocation of that citizenship quoting American precedents and books about citizenship.

Why they were accepted? Simple. Americans didn't invent anything, Romans did. The root is the same.

After this first case, American and AR precedents followed different paths.

So what is your point?

You were responding to (a response by ceviche to) my hypothetical question of someone who committed no fraud, but ended up getting swept up in a larger scam by a Court employee.

At no point did I argue that citizenship obtained by fraud should not be revoked. But there clearly should be a high bar to prove said fraud. 500 revoked in one fell swoop does not sound like a high bar. Maybe I'm missing some facts, but by the sound of it, it seems a bit cavalier.

And who revoked these 500 people's citizenship? The Court? The government? Can the government even do so? Or if it was the Court, did the Court grant 500 revocation motions at once?

In any event, as I said before: If someone did not commit fraud (or was not proven to do so), and gets their citizenship revoked, because of (other) fraudulent activity of a Court official, this does not exactly inspire confidence in the Argentine legal system.

Back