New Rules For Permatourists ?

chulo

Registered
It seems that there is a new "rule" for immigraciones :
They will continue to tolerate permatourists as long as they return to their home country ( US, Europe, Canada ) at least TWICE a year. Consequently trips to Uruguay,Chile,Brasil etc. have to be limted to one in between.
Has anybody heard about that ?

That can't be right. I went to the states in Nov 2012 and May this year. I use my French passport to leave and enter Argentina. There is no record of me entering or leaving the states in that passport with which I enter and leave Argentina.

It seems that there is a new "rule" for immigraciones :
They will continue to tolerate permatourists as long as they return to their home country ( US, Europe, Canada ) at least TWICE a year. Consequently trips to Uruguay,Chile,Brasil etc. have to be limted to one in between.
Has anybody heard about that ?
Where did you get that info from?

Being a permatourist is illegal, period. They might look the otherway (Argentina doesn´t really deport people), the guy who stamps your passport might be tired or think you´re hot or nice and let you threw, but you are living on borrowed time. Any country in the world can decide to not allow you to enter for any reason they want.

Being a permatourist is illegal, period. They might look the otherway (Argentina doesn´t really deport people), the guy who stamps your passport might be tired or think you´re hot or nice and let you threw, but you are living on borrowed time. Any country in the world can decide to not allow you to enter for any reason they want.

Every 3 months or so someone puts up a post that's basically an alarmist warning about the country's immigration coming down hard on permatourists.

I agree with Montauk_Project, those that are here as "permatourists" should be thankful they are no deported right away as would happen in a lot of other countries. So if they start deporting you then well that should already be expected since you aren't exactly following the rules set by the country's immigration system. Just because they haven't enforced those rules, doesn't make them go away.

On the other hand, I am not sure permatourists are illegal. Bajo_cero2 can probably correct us on that. I think permatourists are considered irregular. Again, I might be wrong on that.

I personally don't think permatourists will be kicked out. Period.

Argentina doesn't seem to roll that way at all, except maybe during the times of military dictatorships.

With that said though, any country's immigration officers can deny one entry. They have the power to do so without having to explain why they won't let you in their country.

The rules changed on 2010 but they have wide freedom on the enforcement of the law.
If the director of inmmigration give the orden they have the legal tools to reject all the permatourist they want. However, this is not happening right now.

Back