New Rules For Permatourists ?

Bajo Cero, here is a question... if you say the truth upon entering Argentina that you are "living" here, that you are a resident, even though an irregular one, don't they have to let you back in for at least 30 days (and possibly demand that you sort out your status or get out before sending a deportation order?)

It is all about evidence, because this is not you who decide it.
No, it is always whoever is sitting at the counter at inmigraciones.

And a passport full of stamps evidence a fake tourist.

Sorry, but you've got that wrong.
3 weeks in Argentina, 2 weeks in Chile, 1 week in Argentina, 1 week in Uruguay, ... you can have umpteen stamps and be an ordinary tourist.

By the way, I didn´t know you are a local attorney...
This may surprise you, but I can actually read! also laws and decretes.

- and my experience with Argentina dates back to 2002.

Can El CHULO explain if Afghan citizens for instance should go back to the home country....?

Dafuq is an Afghani doing being a "permatourist"? And where is this Afghanistan whose citizens are allowed visa free entry in various different countries of the world...more relevant, in Uruguay and Argentina.

And besides, if they are doing something against the rules of the country they want to enter, then yes they should go back to their home country. If their lives are at risk (as probably would be the case with Afghanistan depending on where they're from in Afghanistan) then they can apply for asylum.

In life threatening cases I don't think their first concern would be to be able to go to Colonia for fun.

Dafuq is an Afghani doing being a "permatourist"? And where is this Afghanistan whose citizens are allowed visa free entry in various different countries of the world...more relevant, in Uruguay and Argentina.

And besides, if they are doing something against the rules of the country they want to enter, then yes they should go back to their home country. If their lives are at risk (as probably would be the case with Afghanistan depending on where they're from in Afghanistan) then they can apply for asylum.

In life threatening cases I don't think their first concern would be to be able to go to Colonia for fun.

I meant only as an example if permatourists from a remote country country should go back to their countries every other trip ....? to be admitted.... nothing to do qith the Talibans.... etc.... jajajaj

I meant only as an example if permatourists from a remote country country should go back to their countries every other trip ....? to be admitted.... nothing to do qith the Talibans.... etc.... jajajaj

Lol. Well I misunderstood.

I'll say it like this: If you're trying to enter a country whose laws demand that you go back to your home country on every visit, then yes you should, no matter how remote your home country is. However, if the country you're visiting does not enforce its own laws then do whatever you want since the country folks don't even care.

All I'm saying is that it is within the legal powers granted to immigration officers for them to be able to deny you entry. They are, in theory, looking out for their country. It is not their job to worry about your personal finances or other inconveniences.

Unless of course you apply for asylum in which case international laws and treaties come into play. But as far as I know the permatourist folks in Argentina aren't considered an oppressed group, per se. :p

Most of that is rather theory. As long as anyone has 9900 USD in his wallet when he wants to enter Argentina he will always get the 90 days stamp.

No, it is always whoever is sitting at the counter at inmigraciones.

Sorry, but you've got that wrong.
3 weeks in Argentina, 2 weeks in Chile, 1 week in Argentina, 1 week in Uruguay, ... you can have umpteen stamps and be an ordinary tourist.

This may surprise you, but I can actually read! also laws and decretes.

- and my experience with Argentina dates back to 2002.

We are talking about perma-tourist not real tourist. So, please don´t change the subject.

Reading is good, understanding is something different. I suggest you listed more and learn. there are some thousands of hours of reading difference between us.

Most of that is rather theory. As long as anyone has 9900 USD in his wallet when he wants to enter Argentina he will always get the 90 days stamp.

Not always, a US citizen was rejected some months ago. There is always risk, low of course.

Back