New Rules For Permatourists ?

The rules changed on 2010 but they have wide freedom on the enforcement of the law.
If the director of inmmigration give the orden they have the legal tools to reject all the permatourist they want. However, this is not happening right now.

Can the director of immigration, theoretically, decide to send police after known "permatourists" and deport them? Is that legally within the scope of their powers?

No, they have to do a due process before that.
But it is super easy to reject them at the border without process and without rights. They just fill this form>

That's why I suggest to overstay.

Technically speaking. If you were in Colonia about to come back to BA and you got your Uruguay exit stamp, then you move on to the Argentine DNM person and for some reason they didn't admit you back, what would happen? Technically you just left Uruguay and they might as well follow Argentina's decision and reject you too? Would you be stranded like Tom Hanks?

Technically speaking. If you were in Colonia about to come back to BA and you got your Uruguay exit stamp, then you move on to the Argentine DNM person and for some reason they didn't admit you back, what would happen? Technically you just left Uruguay and they might as well follow Argentina's decision and reject you too? Would you be stranded like Tom Hanks?

No, if Argentina, or any other country, does not allow you in, then you are required to either go back to your home country or onwards to another country that allows you visa free entry. The "Tom Hanks" case would only apply if your country's government and status dissolves and your citizenship cancelled. A very rare occurence, in which case you can ask for asylum at a port of entry.

The "Tom Hanks" case... let's not confuse each other! They're talking about the ridiculous 'based-on-a-true-story' (aka urban legend) "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Great plot but pooooorly executed!

TBH I should have skipped the Tom Hanks reference. What would happen if one day DNM decides to enforce the law people talk about and you get denied entry to Argentina after a Colonia run? That was the real question. What would Uruguay do? Re stamp your passport for reentry?

It seems that there is a new "rule" for immigraciones :
They will continue to tolerate permatourists as long as they return to their home country ( US, Europe, Canada ) at least TWICE a year. Consequently trips to Uruguay,Chile,Brasil etc. have to be limted to one in between.
Has anybody heard about that ?
How on Earth would migraciones see if a citizen of the European European union has been in Europe or not? hair colour?

The "Tom Hanks" case... let's not confuse each other! They're talking about the ridiculous 'based-on-a-true-story' (aka urban legend) "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Great plot but pooooorly executed!
I don't know the movie, but Mehran Karimi Nasseri, an Iranian refuge, was living in the departure lounge of Terminal 1 in Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France from 26 August 1988 until July 2006 - almost 18 years. The airport is urban, but it is not a legend.

The Straight Dope: Has a guy been stuck in the Paris airport since 1988 for lack of the right papers?

http://www.straightd...he-right-papers

MKNasseri.jpg

I have no idea about Uruguay. But Brazil doesn´t allow you to go back. A client of mine was many hours in between both frontiers until the DNM agents let him in with the paper I posted.

Back