News In The Usa Is Argentina Might Default Again

Shale oil cracking is done by a plant, it is an industrial process for unconventional oil production. This process converts kerogen in oil shale into shale oil by pyrolysis, hydrogenation, or thermal dissolutionit, is not a simple drilled well.

James T. Bartis, Tom LaTourrette, Lloyd Dixon, D.J. Peterson, Gary Cecchine: "Oil Shale Development in the United States", Prospects and Policy Issues, Prepared for the National Energy Technology Laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy

Considering mine development, upgrading, and modest infrastructure expenditures, a 50,000 barrel per day first-of-a-kind surface retorting complex will incur capital expenditures of between $5 billion and $7 billion (2005 dollars) and possibly higher than that.

Capital costs include three basic categories: plant costs, land acquisition costs, and various start-up costs. By far the largest category, plant costs include all site preparation; design and construction costs for the entire production complex, including the mine, the retort section, and product upgrading sections; all auxiliary systems required for pollution control and spent-shale handling and disposal; and such essential infrastructure as roads, housing for construction workers, access to electric power and water, and product pipelines.

Product Price Calculation Assumptions

Capital investment: 5,000–7,000 millions 2005 dollars
Total plant costs: 4,700–6,700 millions 2005 dollars
Land acquisition: 150 millions 2005 dollars
Inventory, start-up, and working capital: $150 millions 2005 dollars

http://www.rand.org/.../RAND_MG414.pdf

Weeping Vishnu on the cross, did I miss the invitation to Don't Do Research Day on Baexpats?

You said 10b to start up. the pdf says 5-7 billion capital outlay, of which 5% would need to be paid in the 1st year.

If you guys keep this up, the internet might lose its sterling reputation for solid fact-based argumentation.

Weeping Vishnu on the cross, did I miss the invitation to Don't Do Research Day on Baexpats?

You said 10b to start up. the pdf says 5-7 billion capital outlay, of which 5% would need to be paid in the 1st year.

If you guys keep this up, the internet might lose its sterling reputation for solid fact-based argumentation.
1. I immediately corrected to 3-10 bio.
2. 5-7 bio 2005 dollars

Edit
Yes the .pdf says

Expenditure schedule for total plant costs
Year 1: 5 percent
Year 2: 15 percent
Year 3: 32 percent
Year 4: 28 percent
Year 5: 20 percent

- and then it says: Initial operating year 6

Right, did you read the report or just quickly google "fracking startup" and barf out the results here?

The 6 year term refers to when they will have the entire Green River Formation operation in place. That's 3100 km2 (i.e., thousands of wells). The Chevron deal is for a 20 km2 area. A single fracking well can be set up in a matter of days (that's why there's so many of them).

You're just squeezing this thing like a lemon trying to get the report to say what you want, but it won't.

Right, did you read the report or just quickly google "fracking startup" and barf out the results here?

The 6 year term refers to when they will have the entire Green River Formation operation in place. That's 3100 km2 (i.e., thousands of wells). The Chevron deal is for a 20 km2 area. A single fracking well can be set up in a matter of days (that's why there's so many of them).

You're just squeezing this thing like a lemon trying to get the report to say what you want, but it won't.
Shale oil cracking is done by a plant, it is an industrial process for unconventional oil production. This process converts kerogen in oil shale into shale oil by pyrolysis, hydrogenation, or thermal dissolution, it is not a simple drilled well.

No more Matiasba or Bajo debate.

Shale oil cracking is done by a plant, it is an industrial process for unconventional oil production. This process converts kerogen in oil shale into shale oil by pyrolysis, hydrogenation, or thermal dissolution, it is not a simple drilled well.

LOL.

Don't be disheartened if people don't actually read what you write and just jump to conclusions they've already created in their minds along with interpreting what you write and molding it into what they actually think you should be saying. Seems to happen a lot on here.

I kinda like your solution to this though. Just copy/paste your posts until you drive the point home.

WTF???

are you trying to divert the attention on you by attacking Bajo Cero and me? when did I ever talk of the process???

You re like a kid.

WTF???

are you trying to divert the attention on you by attacking Bajo Cero and me? when did I ever talk of the process???

You re like a kid.
Undubitably.

As I have shown, you sometimes make up as you go, and rubbish like "Right, did you read the report or just quickly google "fracking startup" and barf out the results here?" and "You're just squeezing this thing like a lemon trying to get the report to say what you want, but it won't." reminds me of Bajo<0 e.g http://baexpats.org/..._70#entry240699

Back