News In The Usa Is Argentina Might Default Again

If Argentina is broke and Europe and USA - WHO HAS THE BLOODY CASH????????

Cash? We don't need no stinkin' cash!

Toilet paper may be more valuable soon,,,

Inflation is the name of the game...

And the end of Western Civilization (as we know it) will be the result.

Thanks to the FED and the destruction of the dollar.

If Argentina is broke and Europe and USA - WHO HAS THE BLOODY CASH????????
the entire world runs on fiat IOUs. That's the long and short of it. Between the US and and the EU, they owe about 40 trillion. That's not counting future liabilities or derivative exposure. If you factor those in, you're talking about 900 trillion + that will one day need to be paid back. Oh yeah, and that figure grows by trillions every year. And the more money that gets printed, the less its worth. I don't care how many iPads are manufactured in China, that money isn't ever getting paid back. Its one big ponzi scheme. Nothing more. Now think of it this way, with about 25% of European youth unemployed and with little prospect for future work and over 100 million working age Americans out of the job market altogether, who the hell will have money for iPads and other american and European " goods and services " in the near future? Ha.

But just drink the kool aide, eat your big mac and point the finger at everyone else, life is much simpler that way.

Reactions: Joe
If you believe this is true, that it is a ponzi scheme, then my questions for you are:

1. Do you think it will collapse, as ponzi schemes eventually do, and

2. What are you doing to protect yourself from it?

This is probably better discussed in a separate thread, but I am honestly interested.

the entire world runs on fiat IOUs. That's the long and short of it. Between the US and and the EU, they owe about 40 trillion. That's not counting future liabilities or derivative exposure. If you factor those in, you're talking about 900 trillion + that will one day need to be paid back. Oh yeah, and that figure grows by trillions every year. And the more money that gets printed, the less its worth. I don't care how many iPads are manufactured in China, that money isn't ever getting paid back. Its one big ponzi scheme. Nothing more. Now think of it this way, with about 25% of European youth unemployed and with little prospect for future work and over 100 million working age Americans out of the job market altogether, who the hell will have money for iPads and other american and European " goods and services " in the near future? Ha.

But just drink the kool aide, eat your big mac and point the finger at everyone else, life is much simpler that way.

Some people might advise you to buy bitcoins. Some people might advise you to buy gold. Some might even suggest that you should just buy lots of ammo, canned food and a remote ranch somewhere where you can hide when this whole thing unravels. But the hard truth is that we are in completely uncharted waters right now. We have never seen debt levels at this scale before. Never. So, nobody knows for sure how or when this thing will play out. But I for one can't see how this could possibly end well.

Yes, corporations are full of cash. The media just forgets to mention how much debt they have behind all those "piles of cash" that they are sitting on. To find out, see the link bellow.

Cash & Debt among the top 50 US corporation

I think you're misunderstanding the Bloomberg article. Sitting on cash does not mean they store it in a Scrooge McDuck money bin; it means their balance sheet expands as they take on cash assets and then offset them with financial liabilities. Thus it says

“So long as borrowing costs remain low, it’s hard to see why companies would feel compelled to drive down their cash balances in any meaningful way,” said Neil Dutta, head of U.S. economics at Renaissance Macro Research LLC in New York."

In other words, both sides of the balance sheet are expanding since they are not investing in equipment on one hand, and credit is so cheap on the other, thus they have both cash and debt.

The blog you quote does not contradict what the article is saying. As for the media "forgetting" that's just silly; it's right there in the article itself.

Back