Nicotine Patch For An Argei

khairyexpat

Registered
I have a big favour to ask of you.

Old friend of mine showed up yesterday after almost 7 years, in a very bad and very sad shape.
Smoking like a chimney and way overweight.

I don't know how the social system works here, but I hear it must be excellent for Argei's. After all, "SALUDE PARA TODOS", no? She claims social system can't help with Nicotine Patches, is it true?

Where to turn to for some help for her ?
She must be living on assistance from the state, I assume.

Any tips in whatever/other direction/suggestion, very very much appreciated.

ALCO groups are free - if she needs to lose weight. nicotine patches she will have to buy herself, they are not covered and certainly not free. A cheaper alternative is nicotine gum.

ALCO groups are free - if she needs to lose weight. nicotine patches she will have to buy herself, they are not covered and certainly not free. A cheaper alternative are nicotine gum.

Thanks Nikad, you're always a life saver.

I'll further investigate both of your valuable 2 leads: ... ALCO and the Nicotine gum.

Any additional tips in whatever/other direction/suggestion, still welcomed.

Get her an electronic cigarette. A heavy smoker who is not looking to give up cigarettes is not likely to do so with patches, and the gum just pulls all the fillings out so costs a fortune at the dentist. But vaping is a very good substitute for cigarettes, and way less harmful. No toxic by products, no smell, no ashtrays. And if she wants to get off nicotine she can just lower the nicotine in the liquid she vapes over time. It is not legal to import or advertise these here, but it is legal to vape. You just need to look around imaginatively to find them.

Get her an electronic cigarette. A heavy smoker who is not looking to give up cigarettes is not likely to do so with patches, and the gum just pulls all the fillings out so costs a fortune at the dentist. But vaping is a very good substitute for cigarettes, and way less harmful. No toxic by products, no smell, no ashtrays. And if she wants to get off nicotine she can just lower the nicotine in the liquid she vapes over time. It is not legal to import or advertise these here, but it is legal to vape. You just need to look around imaginatively to find them.

Wow ... really creative ... innovative ... will investigate !!
Really appreciate your thought into this.
Would I find it on MercadoLibre? Under what name?
Thanks La Fleur.

EDIT:
Yes ... yes ... found it on MercadoLibre.
The question now: ... how does it work? ... Does it really work? .. will investigate further.

ONE MORE THING I WANT TO ADD:
I'm really appreciative of the BAExpats community ... every one ... adminstration and distinguished members.
I'd have never ever found any information like this without your generosity.

The sad thing is that the idea to change will have to come from your friend. My father had throat cancer and was told to stop consuming alcohol (he isn´t a drunk but does drink a bit). This was 20 years ago. Everytime I see him his health has gotten worse, but he keeps drinking two bottles of wine a night.
I hope you can help your friend.
Some resources:
http://www.dejohoydefumar.gov.ar/linea.asp
http://www.msal.gov.ar/tabaco/index.php/informacion-para-ciudadanos/donde-recurrir-para-dejar-de-fumar
These are government resources.

The sad thing is that the idea to change will have to come from your friend. My father had throat cancer and was told to stop consuming alcohol (he isn´t a drunk but does drink a bit). This was 20 years ago. Everytime I see him his health has gotten worse, but he keeps drinking two bottles of wine a night.
I hope you can help your friend.
Some resources:
http://www.dejohoyde...ov.ar/linea.asp
http://www.msal.gov....-dejar-de-fumar
These are government resources.

I'm indebted to your every sincere valuable help & info.

I really hope that there exists enough WILL & DETERMINATION to overcome this steep uphill daunting battle, otherwise she'll be in danger to herself.
It's hard to watch and stay silent.

I just bought the nicotine patch, sadly for myself. It cost about 300 pesos for 21 patches (3 weeks worth).

I just bought the nicotine patch, sadly for myself. It cost about 300 pesos for 21 patches (3 weeks worth).

Hi Lejana:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & experience. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world in the new year ... you have the strength, will power & determination to see it through to the end, ... once and for all.

So far have you got good results? Are 3 weeks enough? How many times do you have to repeat? Are you hopeful it'll work out, and are you going to continue?

The cost does not sound too too badly, considering you'll be cutting on the smoke cost.

fundacionALCo_Org

Amazing ... really ... they got it all planned & figured out to a science ...

Back