No Alcohol On Sunday...

Last time this horror happened I found the chinos are, as usual, quiet comfortable bringing common sense before local regulations.
And the milk and butter is so processed and unable to spoil anyway that I don't think they're doing anything but Earth a favor by turning the fridges down at night.

We spent some time in Indiana, where they had the same "no alcohol sold on voting day" rule. I always wondered if it would have remained such a red state, had the law been different --

Since I first saw this thread, all I think of when I see it is voting day in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

"Give me a drink."
"The bar's closed."
"Just a beer, then. A beer's not drinking."

That is exactly what the Czechs think and say
Pivo je tekuty chleb beer is liquid bread
I remember going years and years ago to a doctor in Prague and when he asked if I drank I answered
"well, yes, red wine" and he wrote this down and I continued "Becherovka"( which is one of the country's national drinks 40% made of herbs and spices and very strong)
He said "well that isn't considered a drink , it's medicine"
Gotta' love those Czechs! Na zdravi! Cheers! :wub:

Since I first saw this thread, all I think of when I see it is voting day in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

"Give me a drink."
"The bar's closed."
"Just a beer, then. A beer's not drinking."

This is based on the prevailing conventional views in the US in the ~1830s-1850s when the first wave of religious temperance lunatics started gaining political clout.

There are also other countries in the world where alcohol is forbidden on the day of the election.

There are also other countries in the world where alcohol is forbidden on the day of the election.

And then there's Utah.
emo51.gif

Back