No Gas In Our Building For The Next Three Months!

I had to use one of those calefon's at one of my old places, they are fine. I once had no gas for over a month, it was good motivation to get to the gym every day as then I could shower!

If it was in Australia, you could refuse to pay rent until it's fixed or terminate your lease agreement with only 2 days notice and no financial penalty.

No gas for 3 months.! But for AR$60 as posted by Frenchie-san, is dirt cheap and you can have hot shower.! For cooking you can always get the gas cylinders installed? what is the name of them? I saw them being used in Peruvian homes, where there was no main gas line off the streets..

I really enjoyed all of your comments both here and via email. WOW I knew there was an explosion but didn't know it was from gas. Well in that case I'm not going to complain. Even THIS is better than THAT!.Actually the administration did say something. They said the gas would be off the 20th of this month for repairs. Well I didn't notice anything on the 20th so I thought it must have been an easy fix, I didn't even notice it. On the 23rd it was quite a different story! And the note didn't say for three months. No I don't own but a lot of people do. Maybe they voted to fix it and everyone who was in on the vote already were told how long it was take and everyone was prepared. I don't know.

It just happens I had already planned to go to Chile for three months. I'm just waiting for my passport which really should have been delivered this week. Another expat posted (or maybe she wrote me) that she got hers very quickly and I hope that will be my case as well. If not I'm going to call my lawyer and ask what happens if I go ahead and leave. If it takes two extra months like my citizenship DNI well . . . . I'm not going to want to do that. Thanks again everybody, for the sympathy and for the offer of showers. I think I'll make it but y'all are SO appreciated.

Back