No One Wants To Receive Money Transfers

PaulBee

Registered
I am outside Argentina and want to pay for work being done. My bank account in Argentina, unfortunately is not set up to receive transfers from abroad.

I am finding no one wants to receive money transfers or Paypal payments, either as payment for their work, or in their role as property manager - because the money they accept will be counted as taxable income.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to send money, or must I rely on cybercurrencies?

Sorry if this question´s been asked before. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to send money, or must I rely on cybercurrencies?

Way #1: Pay more.

Are they asking for payment in cybercurrencies? That's awesome news, if that's the case.

Camel, I know next to nothing on the subject of cryptocurrencies. The concept intrigues me. Can you elaborate on its current functionality to the average person residing in BA?

http://www.investopedia.com/tech/6-most-important-cryptocurrencies-other-bitcoin/

The 6 Most Important Cryptocurrencies Other Than Bitcoin

By Prableen Bajpai, CFA (ICFAI) | April 21, 2017 — 10:00 AM EDT

Cryptocurrencies are too much to explain here (ask me at coffee chat), but the short answer is that they bypass the silly government restrictions on transferring money. Like the Internet, it's very hard to block (unless you blocked the whole Internet). Other than the technical details, one could use it like PayPal to send money. I bought a Chromebook from a BAExpats member in 2014 and paid him in Bitcoin because it was easier.

Way #1: Pay more.

Are they asking for payment in cybercurrencies? That's awesome news, if that's the case.

No, they are not asking for payment in cybercurrencies. They want payment in cash, but I
am far from Argentina now and cybercurrencies are what came to mind, though I get the
impression that they can be complicated to learn. I was thinking I might have to pay my
property manager in cyber currency and he could pay the contractor in cash.

Cryptocurrencies are too much to explain here (ask me at coffee chat), but the short answer is that they bypass the silly government restrictions on transferring money. Like the Internet, it's very hard to block (unless you blocked the whole Internet). Other than the technical details, one could use it like PayPal to send money. I bought a Chromebook from a BAExpats member in 2014 and paid him in Bitcoin because it was easier.
Thanks so much for your kind offer but I won´t be in Buenos Aires soon to attend coffee chat.

Use xoom. https://www.xoom.com
Only works with a US Bank account or a US based credit card.
You get a better rate using the bank instead of the CC.
Xoom is a Paypal company.
Thanks, I´ve heard Xoom is very good, but I have no US connections. Also,
I wonder if the recipient wouldn´t get taxed on Xoom payments ? Perhaps it´s a good method
for US people.

Back