North American Tourist Shot While Buying Dollars On Florida

Most tourists who come ONLY to visit for a few days have no IDEA what is going on with the "cepo cambiario". I deal with tourists every day and most of them have said "how can I get change" or "what is the big deal with dollars here". So these tourists were probably told "oh just go to calle Florida to change your money" by whomever and did just that and ended up with a bullet. Of course the government would never take precautions to warn people of the dangers of "black market" (which the government itself has created) trade. Because if they did, the smokescreen of "nothing is wrong here" would be blown away.

This Yanqui and the Cultura de Vulture Capitalismo are both hurting the Peso and the Poor!

Mai jai dee farang!

How's assisting with paedophilia working for you?

And before anyone says I took that too far - a man has been shot and by Joe's logic it's because he's 'in the country' so I'm only applying the same logic back.

Maybe this is a case of the Chickens Coming Home to Roost. Instead of getting money from the ATM, he chose to skirt the law and use the Black Market. By using the Black Market he was directly helping to exacerbate Argentina's currency crisis. This Yanqui and the Cultura de Vulture Capitalismo are both hurting the Peso and the Poor!

vulture_face.jpg

No Justicia, No Paz!

OMG! Techbology is amazing! The interwebs knows no limitations.
One day we're all connected, the next some have a VPN to God's intentions.
3D is coming of age and now as I read this I can actually smell the BS! Amazing, I tell you!

Anyway the article has an error. Surely he was selling dollars, not buying them.

And then they take him to Hospital Argerich. Talk about a bad trip....

He could have been buying dollars - trying to get rid of his Argentine pesos before he left the country and they were worthless...

OMG! Techbology is amazing! The interwebs knows no limitations.
One day we're all connected, the next some have a VPN to God's intentions.
3D is coming of age and now as I read this I can actually smell the BS! Amazing, I tell you!

Iznogud, do you know what it is a vende patria? ;)

He probably had some pesos profiteering from selling his iBook Air and taking the dollars back in his Carpetbag.

carpetbagger.jpg

[font=Open Sans']BA Expat member at EZE loaded to the gills with iPads, iPhones and Dollars.[/font]

while we are all piling on Joe, does anyone know who the tourist is... and is he American or Canadian?

while we are all piling on Joe, does anyone know who the tourist is... and is he American or Canadian?

According to Clarin!! 2 US citizens.

http://www.clarin.com/inseguridad/Asalto-Centro_0_815918525.html

Arcadius Kaselinsky, de 32 años, recibió un disparo en el glúteo izquierdo y fuertes golpes en la cabeza. Su compañero, James Posso (44), sufrió cortes en la cara. Anoche estaban fuera de peligro en el Hospital Argerich.

It says he was buying dollars not selling. Probably to pay for his tourist rental because nobody had told him to show up with wads of cash

Back