Obama And Raúl Castro Thank Pope For

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Paredon...!!

0011980014.JPG
All of them ? Poor Dilma !

A good speech by Obama...!!
In Miami opinions are divided a group of Cubans shown on CNN Español was infuriated chanting Obama Comunista....!! :cool:

Hope they lift the Embargo... But inviting those bloody dictators to OAS, Summit of the Americas meetings is something else, fifty years of oppression will not be forgotten , the Balseros...! :mad: :mad: :mad: Ni Obediencia ni Perdon...!!

Don't know if you haven't been paying attention to the Senate's CIA report within the past week or to the CIA's activities in the Americas the last 60 years, but the U.S. is in no position to throw stones.

And the whiners in Miami can go *#&@ themselves. Most Cuban-Americans under 40 are for this. This is a good sign, but I kind of wish that I had gone to Cuba last winter. Hopefully Cuba can send doctors now that they're in short supply due to the Affordable Care Act.

Putin just saw his next rocket delivery disappear.

Hopefully Cuba can send doctors now that they're in short supply due to the Affordable Care Act.
I can see shuttle flights between Miami and Havana filled with retired folks getting their medications in Havana at one-tenth of the cost. Big Pharma will absolutely appose this deal.

I can see shuttle flights between Miami and Havana filled with retired folks getting their medications in Havana at one-tenth of the cost. Big Pharma will absolutely appose this deal.

All kinds of possibilities in the future, but many hurdles to overcome. With improvements in day to day life essentials in Cuba it could become a destination for retiring expats from the USA and other countries. I do hope that Raul, and whoever succeeds him, don't make the mistake of turning the country into one big vile Cancun.

All kinds of possibilities in the future, but many hurdles to overcome. With improvements in day to day life essentials in Cuba it could become a destination for retiring expats from the USA and other countries. I do hope that Raul, and whoever succeeds him, don't make the mistake of turning the country into one big vile Cancun.

They will go for the money. They have no principles. It was always about power. They just can't hang on any longer now that Venezuela is sinking. You'll see plenty of McDonalds and all the rest that defines Cancun.

This is long overdue. I've never understood the US policy with Cuba - they trade and allow travel with practically every other nondemocratic 'communist' country. The wet-foot dry-foot thing is so ridiculous I can't even believe someone thought it up. "Sure, we'll give you asylum! If you make it onto our shores... but we're going to spend millions trying to fish you out before you get here...." :confused:

While the agreement does seem limited (eg, the embargo still stands, and most US citizens are still barred from travel), isn't this merely rewarding dictatorial violations of human rights? In return for these concessions, this rogue state has made no commitments to improve its human rights record, to curtail its global terrorism programme or make reforms that would improve the plight of its population.

The international community must take a harsher line to isolate rouge states, and this agreement seems to send the wrong message.

This is long overdue. I've never understood the US policy with Cuba - they trade and allow travel with practically every other nondemocratic 'communist' country.

The there are some wealthy cubans in exile in Florida and elsewhere in the US that give electoral and financial support to US politicians ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back