October Book Club Meeting Wednesday The 30

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi fellow readers! Hope you have been enjoying Elizabeth Kostova's "the Historian". A real nail biter, no?! Well let's discuss it, your literary opinions, and the appropriate for Halloween subject of the Dracula story-myth or history!
If you haven't yet been to our book club, we meet the last Wednesday evening of the month in Recoleta at 7:00 PM. I supply the beverages and people bring snacks to share. We also have a free book exchange-for every book you bring you get to take one away!
If you haven't yet read this book and want to come anyway, feel free to attend. There also is a thorough summary of the book that was posted in a book club thread last month and is available through Wikipedia I believe. To RSVP just Post that you'd like to come on this thread and I'll PM you with the address. Until the 30th!

Hi, I am interested in joining... can't come this month, and November and december might be out, too... but how about January?? :))

Keep me posted!

BTW I just read Sujata Massey's "The Sleeping Dictionary" -- awesome!

Hi, I am interested in joining... can't come this month, and November and december might be out, too... but how about January?? :))

Keep me posted!

BTW I just read Sujata Massey's "The Sleeping Dictionary" -- awesome!

You are always welcome! Just follow the threads for the book club to see what we will be reading each month! And thanks for the recommendation!

And could those of you who have already been and are coming again please let me know so I'll have adequate chairs and refreshments? Thanks!

And now with the election suspense over, how about something more cultural to discuss, like a literary phenomena ? We and Vlad Tepes await you, Wednesday October 30 (appropriately the night before Halloween) 7:00 to discuss "the Historian". Come meet other expats and share some coffee, books (bring one you've read, take one you haven't!) light snacks and conversation in English. Near the recoleta cemetary. Please RSVP BY PM or in this thread. I will then PM you the exact address.

And if you haven't read the book yet, there is a detailed synopsis available on Wikipedia (see "the Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova). Just RSVP for the address!

Hello Lacoqueta.
I am interested in attending the book club meeting tonight. I have books to exchange!
Thanks, Elizabeth

Welcome! It's never too late to discuss books! I've sent you a private message with the address. See you tonight!

Back