okey, i'm new and I have something to say

Lee said:
Why I say that...I will tell you.

Normally when someone is offering the promise of making money yet doesn't post details about what it is about has something to hide. Quite often they are actually trying to sell something to those who can least afford to waste money on the promise of making money.

Seen it time and time again.

;)

Happy Holidays!

Lee !!! thanks for your reply

I'm not offering the promise of making money, i'm offering the chance to work from your home, in your spare time. We are building our freelancer program and we thought that maybe you guys who are living downhere (in Argentina) can work with us.

Please, believe me, we have the credentials, we are serious, we are working on the online world since 1995 (my God !!!).

Take care ! :rolleyes:

Lee said:
Well this is from your first post:

"It could be a great opportunity to ear some extra money while you are living here."

So you did in fact mention the potential of making money.

jajajaja !!!! ok ok ok... don't get mad at me... think about the project and, if you want, you can be part of it

Emerging Cast, you may find better support for your idea by posting in the services offered forum found here: http://baexpats.org/services-offered/.

We are a naturally cynical bunch on this board and for good reason. We frequently see new people float past selling services, with business ideas or trying to conscript support for commercial ideas.
Good luck

orwellian said:
Howto videos about what? Can you be more specific please?

of course ! 'how to videos' about almost everything: "how to tie a tie", "how to iron a pant" "how to make a cappuchino", etc

we are launching our company here in Argentina and we want to do the scripts and the voices over in english and that's why I've posted my job search here in this forum.

i didn't wanted to bother you guys in any way. I thought that it was a good idea to reach the expats community living in Argentina and give you the chance to make some money working in our freelancer program.

if you need our credentials, here is my Linkedin profile http://ar.linkedin.com/in/maxgoldenberg

Max

I was curious to see what's up and sent him an email. No response. That was yesterday morning...since then he's defended his position on the thread but not replied to me with anything. Unless it went into my spam filter and I didn't notice it...

As more "details" come out here, it looks pretty strange to me. shpunter - did he actually respond to you with some kind of details, since you mention the pay? Or are you just assuming, like me, that this is a crock?

Senor EmergingCast: I have to say, if you guys are a professional, serious group, your original post, follow-up posts, and lack of response to inquiries (at least in my experience so far with you) seem a bit amatuerish. If you're a serious business with a serious offer, why not just come out with the details of the offer? Why "beat around the bush?"

I have to agree with Lee, something seems a bit strange here. Like you are offering something, maybe, but it's something that you have to con people into doing. Do you have any idea how many times people here in Argentina are screwed over by employers trying to get something for nothing, or next to nothing?

It is the holidays, maybe the guy is not replying because he is at home with his family. Some people have a life IRL you know :)

orwellian said:
It is the holidays, maybe the guy is not replying because he is at home with his family. Some people have a life IRL you know :)

And yet still has time to defend himself on the forum?

Why post something like this and ask for inquiries if he's not going to respond? It would have been very easy to wait another week until after the holidays.

What got me was that I thought responding by email would elicit more detail, and I wasn't expecting a quick reply, but yet he's handling things sloppily on the forum in the meantime without giving out any more information. I wonder why he couldn't have spent some of that time to hit the "reply" button on my email and attach some information, which, if his was a professional undertaking, he should already have ready to go, having announced to the expat world that there is something going on.

If he's not already ready with that sort of information, one must ask again why he's even started a thread with a half-assed offer in the middle of the holidays and made no real effort to fill in the blanks. Why not wait another week or two when it's NOT in the middle of the holidays, if that were the reason?

Sorry, I'm just used to working with professionals. Maybe I have it wrong and this is a great offer, just not quite prepared the way I would have done before making an offer to the public. :)

Maybe he thought it was more important to respond to being trashed in public, than give you more details in private?

Tough crowd here guys, give him a break.

Back