okey, i'm new and I have something to say

I agree with the generalized opinion that something is wrong with the original post: to name a couple of things, the tone of his e-mail and the totally vague criteria for the people they say they're looking for. If they do do professional work, they should know that a native speaker or a bilingual person doesn't automatically make a good writer or good translator for all sorts of genres and translation needs. Something is wrong here or, if not wrong, not professional, at least compared to my experience working in Silicon Valley.

Hey everyone,

I've worked as a screenwriter and I found when starting out that there really were just millions of scams out there when it comes to freelance writing, particularly in film.

This does remind me of a lot of posts you'd see on film job sites, that are either scams or for projects that fall through and leave a lot of people in the lurch. That said, there is always the possibility that they're honestly just starting up and don't have all the information ready.

Personally, I'd err on the side of caution, but I'm curious to see how this goes - has anyone received anything further info on this that they'd like to share?

Cheers

hi guys !!! sorry about the delay but I had my daughter sick for a couple of days. We are not a scam, we do are internet proffesionals since 1995. You can see my track record here: http://ar.linkedin.com/in/maxgoldenberg and if you need any other info about our project, feel free to contact me to my personal email: [email protected] or our office: 54217 2345.

I thought that maybe it could be a great opportunity for expats who are living here in Argentina to make some money and that is only reason for i'd placed the job offer here.

I'm not a thief, i'm not a swindler. I'm an argentinian entrepreneur who look for people to offer a chance to earn some money in their spare time (or full time, I don't care).

Sorry if I was bothering you all this time. I really really got surprised with your posts and comments.

If anyone has any question about anything, just drop me an email.

Take care,

Max

pandulf.ironhead said:
Haha this guy smells like he's either a schizo or a crook (and a very transparent one) ...

And you smell like....vodka?

The world is full of cynics... if you're interested in the jobs being offered contact him and see what's what. Just be on your guard and if it's really a scam it shouldn't take too long to figure out.

Believe it or not there IS such a thing as a genuine job offer! I happen to work for a company that needs new employees all the time and have found many acquaintances great and consistent work during the 6 years I've been working for them.

Is it really so hard to believe that there is a company in Argentina that makes how-to videos for English speakers and therefore needs English speakers to work for them? I know of all sorts of companies that operate here (much cheaper after all) but serve the English-speaking world: closed-captioning services and software development are two huge ones.

Everything in moderation including cynicism, people.

Hi everyone! Just want to check and see if someone has had experience working with EmergingCast by now and could post a review of the experience? I see on Craigslist that they are still hiring reviewers to do work and I'm interested in it, but cautious, and I have yet to see a comment on this forum from someone who has more than a one-off experience with them. Would love to know more, if someone can share! Thanks.

Back