OSAMA BIN LADEN Killed by USA

Casimir Olafr said:
Oh - just forgot - there is probably a protocol on this board like there are on many others. I haven't done an 'intro' yet but here we go: I'm new to BA but going to be here for a while - just signed up here and its great to have this local resource. And yes: as you can tell - I'm old enough to be a bit of a sceptic:)

Healthy skepticism is fine, however some of the stuff posted here sounds more like paranoia to me.

Reactions: Caz
PabloAriel said:
Obama said: "Justice has been done".

I was paraphrasing it as how could someone who just won a Nobel Peace prize call that justice.

What does a nobe peace prize mean anyways? They gave one to Arafat.

Mitch said:
What does a nobe peace prize mean anyways? They gave one to Arafat.
Both ex-terrorist leaders received the Nobel peace prize at the same time, Begin and Arafat.:eek:

gouchobob said:
Healthy skepticism is fine, however some of the stuff posted here sounds more like paranoia to me.

Great way to describe it, "paranoia." And if all of us that believe OBL is dead are nothing more than "mindless sheep," then what are you? Most likely nothing more than a crazy-ass conspiracy theorist.

So many people have already said it, but I will say it again. Obama wouldn't come out on (inter)national TV and say something easily refuted.

The US (Seal Team 6, which, by the way, is commanded by a UT grad (along with the rest of the joint special forces (Hook 'Em!!!))) got him. And it's pretty awesome!!!!!!

tanvimil said:
So not a single person could answer the question: What proof is there that Bin Laden is guilty? Everyone just accepts the U.S government's accusations as truth without seeing any evidence. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Is a taped confession broadcast to the Arab world good enough for you?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/binladen_10-29-04.html

texxaslonghorn said:
So many people have already said it, but I will say it again. Obama wouldn't come out on (inter)national TV and say something easily refuted.

Like Bush wouldn't come out on (inter)national TV and claim that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction you mean?

dr__dawggy said:
Is a taped confession broadcast to the Arab world good enough for you?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/binladen_10-29-04.html

Where is that video? I have yet to find it. That certain news media state things as facts is no news for me. What I was referring to was actual evidence that will hold up in a court of law. Hell, I would settle for any kind of evidence. So please try again.

tanvimil said:
Like Bush wouldn't come out on (inter)national TV and claim that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction you mean?

Where is that video? I have yet to find it. That certain news media state things as facts is no news for me. What I was referring to was actual evidence that will hold up in a court of law. Hell, I would settle for any kind of evidence. So please try again.

The actual footage was broadcast on Al jazeera Arabia. Try their web site. Good luck, unless of course you speak Arabic.

Here is a link that lays out the case against Osama, including tapes with English subtitles. Let me guess==the English translation is incorrect. Instead of talking about 9/11 Obama and his buddies are actually planning a fishing trip or discussing how hot the locals women are in their burkas?

http://www.september11news.com/OsamaEvidence.htm

You sound like a guy who would would have believed Hitler when he announced he had been invited into neighboring countries or that German troops entered Poland after Polish troops had fired on the Germans....

Sorry for not being clear. But the video is not very compelling and any decent lawyer would tear this "evidence" to threads. In other words, not only would this video not hold up in court, it's just not credible at all:

... there is a running debate among video analysts about whether al-Qaida faked the video altogether —that rather than being new, the September 7 message may have been something recorded at the same time as his last video in October 2004 (and then released with new audio).

The point of departure for the debate is something not noted at the time: that of the 25 minutes of video tape, only three and a half minutes, were moving video. The rest was covered by a still image or a frozen still. Moreover, the still covered the only time references on the 25 minute of tape— references to political developments in Iraq, Britain and France. This lead to the suspicion that the video is not new, but disguised to appear as new.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21530470/

Please, post some actual evidence.

Back