osde health insurance

We use Centro Medico Pueyrredon...they do take 65 and older. My husband did have to go to their main office in downtown for a physical...as he had bypass surgery many years back and they considered him "high risk". It was a joke, the Dr. that looked at him could hardly walk..and all he did was ask him a few questions!

Our gal is Liliana Capria, great customer service!!! Her number is - 4743-4783 - she is in San Isidro and speaks English fairly well. They have offices all over, so I am sure she can point you in the right direction if SI is not in your area.

**They even come by and pick up the payment once a month, maybe because we are in the suburbs...not sure but works for me!!

***we pay about 1000 pesos a month...about 860 is my husbands....of course a year ago it was half that amount!

Osde makes you wait for 18 months before you can actually use them. you have to pay for 18 months.. Is there any other plans that might work? does any body use Cemisa? I heard that Italian Hospital has plans that work directly with the hospital.

reeldee said:
There is only one catch, for me, to OSDE, not quoted anywhere in their online site.....they only accept people up to 64...I am a happy senior....unhappily disqualified. My options have been quoted at $1200 PESOS a month....not exactly a good rate, by Swiss Medical and Alemen Hospital. I understand that the Italian Hospital, out in one of the provinces, gives a decent rate, $640 a month, mas o menos, for full coverage. Is there anyone out there who can give further enlightenment?
My mom (75 yo) is in Italiano. Service is ok, at least in the boundaries of Buenos Aires.

mendoza70 said:
. . . . I heard that Italian Hospital has plans that work directly with the hospital.
It has. I've a porteña friend who's used one such plan for years quite satisfactorily.

Hospital Italiano is very good and reputable, they actually perform some of the most complex surgeries in the country with the latest technologies, they even have a robot surgeon.

Hello

I know the Italian Hospital accepts seniors I can`t recall exactly until what age but a friend of mine who is 70 and sth was accepted in the Italian Hospital.

Europeans who visit the old country at least once every 16 months are recommended to use Gouda (Dutch, operating in a number of European countries, and else out of the Netherlands) - I have used it for ages.

Age limit 102 years - cheaper if below 70, above 70 only 3 months at a time.

Examples.
Below 70 years of age, extended accident, world except USA: 7,030 pesos/year.
Above 70 years of age, extended accident, world except USA: 7,400 pesos/year.

Coverage = Theft, Admission to hospital, Assault, Baggage delay, Calling in and accompanying a sick traveller, Car rental – payment of deductible, Death, plane delays, Evacuation, Holiday compensation, Illness or injury, Legal aid abroad, Medical treatment by a general practitioner, Obtaining fixed itinerary, Personal property, Personal liability, Recall, Repatriation, Replacement of holiday home, Search and rescue, Travel documents, Visit to emergency department - read this and note the Unlimited coverages.:

http://www.gouda.dk/Conditions+no.+812.1390.aspx

Re. coverage: 1 DKK = 71 centavos Argentina = 13 cents EU = 19 cents US

jigw said:
I'm 38, healthy, and recently got a quote from Swiss Medical for the following monthly plans:
International coverage, no co-pay: 527 pesos (477 pesos + 10.5% IVA tax)
- with co-pay: 440 pesos (398 pesos + tax)
Domestic (Argentina) coverage, no co-pay: 333 pesos
- with co-pay 8 pesos: 287 pesos

Were the quotes listed elsewhere on this thread inclusive of taxes and for international or domestic coverage only? Thanks for the info.

Is that for the lowest plan? That's a really good price. I have swiss medical and am paying 517 pesos per month for the 2nd tier plan. It's gone up from 330 a year ago:(

Can some 1 provide me, with an OSDE agent contact, or some kind of Email, to send them some questions about their insurance.

Back