Outgoing flight available by way of Ethiopian Airlines for this Saturday April 11.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
I got this email from the US Embassy here in BA yesterday. In case there are people who need to get out of Argentina.
They should get in touch directly with the Ethiopian Airlines for seating availability.

Event: There are still seats remaining on the Ethiopian Airlines flight from Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo, Brazil on Saturday, April 11, at 9:55 p.m. from Ministro Pistarini International Airport (Ezeiza). Please monitor https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/ar for the latest information on the flight and ticket availability. U.S. citizens interested in departing on this flight will need to book directly with Ethiopian Airlines. The flight is subject to change.

There are direct flights from Sao Paulo to the United States. A split ticket is required, but Ethiopian can check luggage through to the final destination. U.S citizens will need an onward ticket out of Sao Paulo in order to board the Ethiopian flight. U.S. citizens are allowed to transit Sao Paulo, staying in the international terminal.

Very boring because the government is so strict about the quarantine. You cannot even go out to take a walk. And today and tomorrow no one is allowed to even go to the grocery store.

Peru and Ecuador worst places to be in this continent, at present moment.

I'm in Borranco with a magnificent view of the Pacific. It's really nice but the quarantine is lousy. I was walking my kid down an empty street and the police forced me to go home. People can walk their dogs but not children.

As Johnny mentioned earlier this flight has officially been canceled.

Event: Ethiopian Airlines has canceled flight 507 that was originally scheduled to depart April 11 from Buenos Aires to São Paulo, Brazil. U.S. citizens who booked this flight should contact Ethiopian Airlines directly for more information (https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/ar).

At least the US government is in constant communication. The Argentinian embassy in Lima doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails.

Does it seem like long-term expats in Argentina are leaving in droves? I’ve gotten the impression that many felt safer in Argentina at first, but maybe not as much now. Do members here know many who have left?
Maybe the flight was canceled due to lack of demand? Good luck getting a refund. I’m stuck with a flight credit on Copa that I may never be able to use...they have suspended operations at least until April 21.

Back