overstay tourist visa

Hey everyone!

I've been doing the tourist visa thing for a year now, and I just came back from Peru, and when I came back the immigrations officer told me 'ojo' because I had too many re-entry stamps and that I might not be let in again. I'm planning on staying and studying in the next year, but I don't have that set up yet and I'm going to Brazil next week. Should I go to the US embassy to see what they say? I'm afraid they might be a little too 'legal' compared to the Argentines. Or should I go to AR immigration and talk to them? Can I even get a student visa while I'm in BA? I heard I might have to go back to the states.
Thanks for any advice!!!

mybeautifulair said:
Hey everyone!

I've been doing the tourist visa thing for a year now, and I just came back from Peru, and when I came back the immigrations officer told me 'ojo' because I had too many re-entry stamps and that I might not be let in again. I'm planning on staying and studying in the next year, but I don't have that set up yet and I'm going to Brazil next week. Should I go to the US embassy to see what they say? I'm afraid they might be a little too 'legal' compared to the Argentines. Or should I go to AR immigration and talk to them? Can I even get a student visa while I'm in BA? I heard I might have to go back to the states.
Thanks for any advice!!!

This has nothing to do with the US embassy. They won't and can't do anything for you. Don't waste your time.

mybeautifulair said:
Hey everyone!

Thanks for any advice!!!

Well, depends on what is your life plan. If you are planning to stay in long terms here, I suggest you apply for citizenship. If short terms are your plans, then a student visa is better.
There is a judge who accepts to apply for residence with one year here.
Regards

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.45098)]Hey there, I just went through the process of paying the fee at the Buenos Aires airport, it was a little confusing and time consuming so I took photos and made a step by step guide here if anyone is interested: http://www.indianajune.com/argentina-overstaying-visa-advice.aspx[/background][/color]

Back