Owner Selling Apt While I'm Renting

If everything worked out so well, why aren't taking this as good sign instead of a ridiculous fact?

If everything worked out so well, why aren't taking this as good sign instead of a ridiculous fact?

Actually I am taking it as a good sign. I MUCH prefer Macri vs. that lunatic Kirchner. I just said it was comical is all. And for sure, if the lady that bought mine wasn't using money she illegally had hid offshore then for sure she would want to declare a lower price. I prefer to do things in white anyway so wasn't a problem for me at all to declare the entire value.

Actually I was pleasantly surprised that I could easily wire my funds to my USA account. When I called in they said there was a ton of paperwork so I was going to just go to a casa de cambio and pay 1% to wire it to my USA bank account. But was very pleasantly surprised that if you already have a US Dollar account in Argentina then you can wire it immediately to any bank in the world. I just paid something like 0.5% commission to HSBC to wire it. I had to fill out a bunch of forms and give them a certified copy (by the Escribano handling the closing) of the escritura but was able to wire all of it. (This would have NEVER happened in the CFK days!).

The banker said it would take up to 5 days to receive the funds in the USA. The commission for it had to be paid in pesos from my peso denominated account so I just had to make sure to deposit enough to cover the 0.5%. But within 3 days the funds hit my USA bank. It was the first time since 2002 that something in the Argentina banking system worked. So definitely I agree with you Serafina that it's a HUGE improvement and hopefully more things improve.

That's great!
We were just talking about this. We just bought some land here in the US and the seller was SO thrilled we were paying in cash. The fact that we were not going to have a mortgage quickly made us his favorite people! And even better for us, it is so much easier here on the buying side - we literally showed up with a bank check made out to the lawyer who was representing both of us and we were done within 45 minutes. Easy peasy. So glad things are getting more smooth in Argentina. We have a commercial property we need to sell there so hopefully it will go so easily.

That's great!
We were just talking about this. We just bought some land here in the US and the seller was SO thrilled we were paying in cash. The fact that we were not going to have a mortgage quickly made us his favorite people! And even better for us, it is so much easier here on the buying side - we literally showed up with a bank check made out to the lawyer who was representing both of us and we were done within 45 minutes. Easy peasy. So glad things are getting more smooth in Argentina. We have a commercial property we need to sell there so hopefully it will go so easily.

Oh yeah in the USA it's a piece of cake. Typically you don't even have to show up to a closing. It's all done digitally online. So easy. I think Argentina is still difficult to deal with. Gotta fly down there yourself to close or if you don't you have to get a Power of Attorney and then have to go to the State Department to get a Hague Convention Apostille. Typically have to deal with $100 US bills (counting/receiving) and then deal with wiring it back and taking a leap of faith with a casa de cambio and giving them the cash first. It's all very stressful dealing with.

Simple solution... change - the locks.. put in really complicated ones... put in an alarm system ..which will notify you of any tampering.. also cameras today you can see when anyone has been there and see their pictures

Back