Owner Won't Return Deposit On Rental Contract

I've rented at least 25 apartments in BA over the last five years (this is not an exaggeration)

I got 100% of my deposit money back in all 25+ apartments.

I always got my money back on my last day when I returned the keys. I never even had a landlord suggest returning it later. Why did you give back the keys without getting your deposit?

I will admit my last two apartments were questionable - maybe things are getting worse. My last apartment I posted about. I didn't have dollars so I gave the landlady $7000 pesos for the deposit and she said, "OK, it's pesos so I'll spend it" which no owner had ever said to me before. That apartment was such a good deal I wouldn't have minded losing the deposit... I did end up getting my full deposit back.

Not paying the last month of rent will only make things more difficult for the rest of the people in the future. You should deal with serious inmobiliarias. How can you move into places where things are broken anyway? That's a bad sign. Just be more careful.

unfortunately most landlords and realtors are not going to give back the deposit willingly. i have gone through this in the usa and in argentina. one of the best ways to avoid ongoing problems is to settle everything prior to handing over the keys, regardless of what the contract says.

Never ever trust a landlord in BA. Ever. And if you are smart you won't trust the Realtor either.

Back