Palermo Soho

Love Fernet and (diet) coke, love mate however the coffee in Arg... not so much (kind of like the pizza:p)

Just back from a week and a half in Colombia and oh the coffee there.. so good!

citygirl said:
Love Fernet and (diet) coke, love mate however the coffee in Arg... not so much (kind of like the pizza:p)

Just back from a week and a half in Colombia and oh the coffee there.. so good!
Well, I once met a person who took sugar on tomato - it takes all kinds to make a world :D

You can buy a good Colombian coffe in 'Calvi' (provided they have sucursales in BsAs). Price this week AR$ 105,- el kilo.

PhilipDT said:
If you think Fernet + Cola is something to avoid, just wait until you've had your first glass of Branca Menta. Branca Menta + coke, + anything....it's like drinking the coolant from Chernobyl.
Thanks for the warning - won't ever happen.:eek:

By and large, coffee in Argentina is just BAD. A tragic combination of cheap, overburnt domestic beans thinned down with sugar (if the cafe brews Cabrales, run for your life), weird milk, and 'baristas' who don't know what the hell they are doing. I forget where we were - Nucha, maybe, or El Gato Negro? - but the waiter told us that to make a cafe doble, they just put the single shot of espresso in a larger cup and add more water. WTF? On what planet does a "cafe doble" not entail adding an extra shot? Then just the other day, I ordered a "cappuccino" somewhere and got a big cup of coffee and warm milk - not a centimeter of foam in sight. A good idea is to look for places that have the Nespresso capsule machine - at least then you know the barista can't f*** it up. Or, frankly, just go to Starbucks --evil yanqui corporation or not, the coffee is better than the local swill. And if they mess up your drink (which they often do), you can take it back and they HAVE to re-make it until you are satisfied.

starlucia said:
a good idea is to look for places that have the Nespresso capsule machine - at least then you know the barista can't f*** it up. .

thats why I go to starbucks. those 18k dollar machines don't make the perfect espresso but they do a make a decent one and the quality is very consistent.

Lee said:
My only problem is that the cups are too small so I end up ordering 2 or 3 and that adds up. T

Funny... in the US my only problem was the cups were too big to drink it all... culture clash!!! :D

Starbucks is about the only place you can get a decent cup of coffee? Try ordering a Cafe Americano (Black Coffee) in an Argentine joint. Vile.
There are two great cafes in Palermo Soho, one is called Lattente and the other one is called Full City.. best coffees in town.. Starbucks is the worst coffee!!

If you guys want a good coffee, check these places :

http://www.fullcitycoffeeco.com

https://www.facebook.com/LATTEnTEArgentina

I've lived in Sydney for the past 14 years and the coffee culture is massive, the best coffee. Of course, not many people know that ;)

Try these places, you won't be disappointed.

Provecho !

My biggest complaint with the local java is the apparently-near-zero caffeine content. When I can have a cappuccino and fall asleep at my table, there is something very wrong.

Back