Palermo Soho

I've lived in Sydney for the past 14 years and the coffee culture is massive, the best coffee. Of course, not many people know that ;)

Your post brought up nice memories :) I lived in Sydney for a year, first in Darling Harbour, then in Surry Hills and I totally agree: I was so surprised about the top quality of the coffee places. Thanks for the tipp!

The mystery of coffee: How can anything that smells so wonderful taste so awful?

By and large, coffee in Argentina is just BAD. A tragic combination of cheap, overburnt domestic beans thinned down with sugar (if the cafe brews Cabrales, run for your life), weird milk, and 'baristas' who don't know what the hell they are doing. I forget where we were - Nucha, maybe, or El Gato Negro? - but the waiter told us that to make a cafe doble, they just put the single shot of espresso in a larger cup and add more water. WTF? On what planet does a "cafe doble" not entail adding an extra shot? Then just the other day, I ordered a "cappuccino" somewhere and got a big cup of coffee and warm milk - not a centimeter of foam in sight. A good idea is to look for places that have the Nespresso capsule machine - at least then you know the barista can't f*** it up. Or, frankly, just go to Starbucks --evil yanqui corporation or not, the coffee is better than the local swill. And if they mess up your drink (which they often do), you can take it back and they HAVE to re-make it until you are satisfied.

What domestic beans? http://www.indexmundi.com/agriculture/?country=ar&commodity=green-coffee&graph=production

The very cheap cafe is blended with toasted white beans. You can easily recognize it because of the acidity you Will suffer later.
Most of the cafe comes from Brazil,

Can one buy green coffee beans and roast (or parch) them at home?

Worst case scenario, is it possible to just buy Turkish coffee at an Arab market? There has to be a Chaldean community here; Chaldeans are everywhere...

I like here the italian expresso very much!!

What is Italian Expresso ,,,,???? made with Italian Illy Coffee ?, where is here ? Can you name a place where they offer this sumptuous Italian Expresso. Do you mean Capuccino? creamy thick and Strong...! like in the pic below....? never seen it here!

http://www.bacchidesign.it/carioca/images/coffee_espresso.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm Sean-Ryan, I just arrived two days ago and I'm staying at a hostel in Palermo Soho while I look for housing in the area (a room to share).

In an attempt to get a grasp on this city I took a 3 hour walk and I feel like I haven't even put a dent in it... Which is great!

If anyone is free or would like to meet up and have some mate, since the coffee is so terrible (so far) just let me know!

Cheers,

SR

Hey! I live in Palermo Soho and am always up for a mate! Private Message me if you're interested! Chau!

Starbucks is about the only place you can get a decent cup of coffee? Try ordering a Cafe Americano (Black Coffee) in an Argentine joint. Vile.

The question is, WHY would you want to order a Cafe Americano?

One of the best espressos I have had in my life was in a small cafe on Thames, I think somewhere between Cost Rica and Nicaragua. I don't remember the name of it, but it's owned and operated by Colombians.

At the coffee place at Libertad entre Santa Fe y Arenales.

Will try it if you are more especific i.e. name and address, at this block there may be several Coffee places. Will find out what this Italian Expresso tastes like. Thanks for the data

Back