PASO Election Results

Unfortunately, the pandemic is still just getting started.
From the forever wars to the forever pandemic. I really hope not, but let's see.

On another note... your vaccination certificate includes an (in our case AZ) batch number, I was curious enough to wonder where my batch was produced, I was naïve enough to imagine there might be a website with a lookup table, but no... :-( Apart from some reports about 3 batches made in India that wouldn't be accepted for travel to the EU I haven't come up with anything. Any ideas?

From the forever wars to the forever pandemic. I really hope not, but let's see.

On another note... your vaccination certificate includes an (in our case AZ) batch number, I was curious enough to wonder where my batch was produced, I was naïve enough to imagine there might be a website with a lookup table, but no... :-( Apart from some reports about 3 batches made in India that wouldn't be accepted for travel to the EU I haven't come up with anything. Any ideas?
It's the wrong thread to be answering this, but to close it down here, I am not even daring to believe that in practice it will mean anything to have been lucky enough to get one of the vaccines approved for quarantine-lite travel home and then once there be able to access to the services and venues that supposedly will be reserved for the vaccinated. The idea that bureaucrats will be able to design a system in one country that recognizes the Covid immunization status of returning individuals vaccinated in literally hundreds of jurisdictions around the world producing hundred of different formats in dozens of languages seems far-fetched. I plan to sit tight here until around 2023 or 2024, which is when I estimate governments at home will have realized that vaccine passports are impossible to implement and will have quietly dropped them. I sent my vaccination certificate to the embassy and told them I expected them to work with the responsible agencies at home who one imagines will be tasked with designing a system that recognises documentation of recognised vaccination from obscure places like Argentina. I also asked them if it was true that Argentina had communicated its Credencial de Vacunación Digital (CVD) and whether the system at home would recognize it. They won't do anything won't of course. But at least it made me feel better.

I am looking forward to experiencing the thrill of at least two PASOs before I waste any time trying to organize travel based on my vaccination status.

Wonder how much of a chance I have of a vaccine passport with one jab of AZ in Argentina and one of Pfizer in Angola.

Half thinking of getting a third one within the Argentine system whenever they call me, although it’s slightly immoral.

Wonder how much of a chance I have of a vaccine passport with one jab of AZ in Argentina and one of Pfizer in Angola.

Half thinking of getting a third one within the Argentine system whenever they call me, although it’s slightly immoral.
Well that was brave, getting a vaccine that needs to be stored at -15 to -25 degrees in Africa. I guess you paid for it, while 2x doses in Argentina are your right. I would go for it, I'm sure they'll call you. I missed two 2nd dose calls, just got mine yesterday.

No didn’t pay for it, work have decided it is mandatory and I wasn’t sure I would get called for my second jab before I would have to be back. So was basically marched to the vaccination place before I went to the airport. Luckily had no side effects during my 30 hour journey home. High temperature in the airport could have been complicated.

Not just ministers but also heads of state entities like Aerolineas Argentinas have added their resignation to the pile. No coincidence that all of these are from CFK's side of the coalition, essentially leaving the President standing like a lame duck with very few allies. One theory is it may be a pressure tactic to get him to turn over Cafiero and force a reshuffle that leaves him with less power, and puts some of those "resignations" in higher positions. Other theory is it may be an institutional coup to force his resignation by putting him in an ungovernable situation and letting the extreme K factions take the wheel as a last ditch effort to win back angry voters.
Very interesting hours and days ahead. The situation is bringing flashbacks of 2001 - the beginnings of an institutional crisis. The post PASO market boom was short lived, Argentine shares already plunged 9%+ today after this news.
This PASO has certainly shaken things up and the real show is only just beginning.

Other interesting developments:
The CGT (most powerful union body in Argentina) is publicly supporting Alberto and appears to be critical of CFK and her tactics, also warning that governability of Argentina is in danger at this moment.

Some provincial governors have also come out in support of the president, including provinces like Tierra del Fuego (traditionally a Kirchnerist stronghold)

Who needs Netflix when you have Argentine politics... At the end it is all mostly for show anyway.

how is it bad for Alberto if Kristinas people resign? I don't understand that mental gymnastics

Back