PASO Election Results

I won't pretend I know anything about the labyrinthine snake pit that is Argentine politics (sorry for the mixed metaphor), but for whatever it's worth, it strikes me that the current market conditions - as measured by the Merval and which are okay, considering - do tend to suggest that traders believe we're going to see more of the same, or possibly some moderation, not further retrenchment and radicalization.

Then again, you see this and you wonder where the money will come from if not the IMF or more insane confiscatory taxes.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it actually also be an option for Alberto to walk away now and hand over the responsibility to the Ks? After all, he has already fulfilled his lifelong dream of becoming president. And before finishing his 4 year mandate and going down as the worst president in Argentina's history, he probably prefers to call it a day now (and putting the blame on Macri, IMF, Covid, the Ks and even his wife).

I think there is a real possibility that he will just do that, even not the most probable one, I admit.
Hopefully! But just walking away and leaving the keys to the Ks would also destroy his "bloc". Maybe they just need time to identify a new President (who could be a senator, diputado or governor of a province... perhaps called Uñac) who would be more moderate and "untarnished" in the eyes of voters in November than CFK or Massa.

In the case of resignation from office, the president drafts a resignation letter addressed to the provisional president of the Senate , which must be accepted by the congress meeting in the Legislative Assembly. This event occurred twelve times in history: Bernardino Rivadavia and Vicente López y Planes in 1827, Santiago Derqui and Juan Esteban Pedernera in 1861, Miguel Juárez Celman in 1890, Luis Sáenz Peña in 1895, Roberto Marcelino Ortiz in 1942, Héctor Cámpora in 1973 , Raúl Alfonsín in 1989, Fernando de la Rúa and Adolfo Rodríguez Saáin 2001, and Eduardo Duhalde in 2003.
If the vacancy is temporary, these officials must exercise the Executive Power until the return of the president. If the vacancy is not temporary, the Congress in the Legislative Assembly (both chambers meeting, deputies and senators) by a simple majority, within a period of two days must elect a president to govern, who must end the unfinished mandate or make a call for new elections (article 88 of the national Constitution ). This official must be chosen from among the senators, deputies or governors. In case there is already a president and a vice president elected, they will take office earlier to fulfill the mandate. Such were the cases of Vicente López y Planes in 1827 and José María Guido in1962 as provisional presidents of the Senate, Raúl Lastiri in 1973 as president of the Chamber of Deputies, Adolfo Rodríguez Saá in 2001 as governor of the Province of San Luis, and Eduardo Duhalde in 2002 as national senator for the Province of Buenos Aires.

I won't pretend I know anything about the labyrinthine snake pit that is Argentine politics (sorry for the mixed metaphor), but for whatever it's worth, it strikes me that the current market conditions - as measured by the Merval and which are okay, considering - do tend to suggest that traders believe we're going to see more of the same, or possibly some moderation, not further retrenchment and radicalization.

Then again, you see this and you wonder where the money will come from if not the IMF or more insane confiscatory taxes.

the money comes from the magic printing press in the sky, just like for everything else.

i have a real hard time believing this part of that article:

"Through July, the primary fiscal deficit was 0.7 percent of gross domestic product, well below the government’s 4.5 percent budget target, giving authorities some leeway to boost spending. "

Its a Three Ring Circus ... pass the Popcorn.The Witch from the East pulled the rug from under Alberto and recalled all the Ministers that respond to Her.
Fernanda Vallejos, diputada K, my Hero...! Fernanda recorded an audio later filtered to the media, saying that Alberto and his aides are inept and are okupas, the Votes belong to CFK

Last edited:
Its a Three Ring Circus ... pass the Popcorn.The Witch from the East pulled the rug from under Alberto and recalled all the Ministers that respond to Her.
Fernanda Vallejos, diputada K, my Hero...! Fernanda recorded an audio later filtered to the media, saying that Alberto and his aides are inept and are okupas, the Votes belong to CFK

The real dirt in audio from Diputada K Fernanda--!
https://www.clarin.com/politica/dur...upa-mequetrefe-atrincherado-_0_2Q7Diezae.html

The voting system here is so organized. Sunday was my third time voting. I cease being amazed at how quickly I get to the table, receive the envelope, enter the room with ballots on the table, find the one I want to vote for, leave the room, sign my name, get a receipt for voting, and leave the building.

I wish that the US would investigate the system here and consider improving how voting is handled. But then they would have to accept a simple system with mandatory voting that doesn't allow for fraud or disenfranchisement.

the witch has spoken. of course, everyone else is to blame.

Which one Fernanda o Cristina? Of course Fernanda was just expressing what her jefe espiritual thinks and had probably said many times to her sheep but cannot say in public.

Back