People Who Cheat Expats

Critical religious thinking is an oxymoron, rather like "compassionate conservativism" ("callous conservatism," on the other hand, is redundant).

I beg to differ. The Jesuits taught me to reason. Religion classes were focused on discussion with lots of give-and-take and discussion of ethics and the reasoning behind it.

In Lunfardo, I would say that this person "te caminó", which is what you paid for actually.

[strike]Not[/strike] taken for a ride, would be in english. Similar exp<b></b>ression. :D

If ever I've been taken for a ride, not just here, it's always been my own stupid fault.

I beg to differ. The Jesuits taught me to reason. Religion classes were focused on discussion with lots of give-and-take and discussion of ethics and the reasoning behind it.

When your "critical thinking" starts with the premise of a fictitious being, it's like beginning a mathematical system with 2+2=5.

When your "critical thinking" starts with the premise of a fictitious being, it's like beginning a mathematical system with 2+2=5.

Clearly you have not dealt with the "right" Jesuits, or none at all. :rolleyes:

sergio and I both spoke of Jesuits and you're set on discussing religions. Clearly not on the same page.

Some advice: In Argentina, never ever ever ever hand over money ahead of time. I always always regretted it every time I did that. If you have to leave money ahead of time, leave a very small seña, as small as possible.
You have to separate what happens in BsAs from the provinces.

In Mendoza I have paid seña many times, often about 50 percent, a few times the entire amount, so I could just pick up whatever I have bought or have it brought to my home.

When I have paid the seña the owner or shop attendant has always given me a receipt where it says

Price xxx
Seña -yyy
Saldo zzz

I have never - not even once - been cheated after paying a seña.

BTW: Several Mendocinos have said to me that they ought to build a Berlin Wall around BsAs to keep the vermin out of the country :cool:

Back