Permanent residence interview after marriage

i’m still waiting. precaria was renewed in december
Urgh. Your interview was in Oct and you're still waiting. After the interview, I thought it was going to take a month tops. I shouldn't get my hopes up then :(. Thanks for the update.

Urgh. Your interview was in Oct and you're still waiting. After the interview, I thought it was going to take a month tops. I shouldn't get my hopes up then :(. Thanks for the update.
hey, actually just checked today and it was approved the 10th - now it’s just a question of arrival!

Well done! I got the email asking for extra stuff the same day you did. Responded within 24 hours... as yet I've heard absolutely nothing.

Well done! I got the email asking for extra stuff the same day you did. Responded within 24 hours... as yet I've heard absolutely nothing.
Well, they have also asked me for an additional document so I am back to half square one. C'est la vie. 🙄

I’m curious what all they keep asking y’all for, just as a “do I need to start preparing for extra docs now?” thing

I’m curious what all they keep asking y’all for, just as a “do I need to start preparing for extra docs now?” thing
They will nitpick and look for everything that can be turned into an issue. Even if you have already given them certain documents, they might ask for them again along the way. Or if the wording on your official document isn't what they have in mind, they will ask you to get a new one even though it's not possible and there's nothing you can do about it but pray that you get a new person to check your document once you resubmit the same document. And different officer, different procedure so please brace for impact!

They will nitpick and look for everything that can be turned into an issue. Even if you have already given them certain documents, they might ask for them again along the way. Or if the wording on your official document isn't what they have in mind, they will ask you to get a new one even though it's not possible and there's nothing you can do about it but pray that you get a new person to check your document once you resubmit the same document. And different officer, different procedure so please brace for impact!
I’m hoping that by only having documents from the U.S., Argentina and Brazil, it’ll make the process relatively smoother, but who knows with migraciones. My stuff is from the U.S., my wife’s is all from Brazil, our marriage certificate is from CABA and we’re applying together through the Brazilian right to PR.

I’m hoping that by only having documents from the U.S., Argentina and Brazil, it’ll make the process relatively smoother, but who knows with migraciones. My stuff is from the U.S., my wife’s is all from Brazil, our marriage certificate is from CABA and we’re applying together through the Brazilian right to PR.
Good luck and may the force be with you. You're going to need it when dealing with civil servants and bureaucracy here 😂

Reactions: Moe
Good luck and may the force be with you. You're going to need it when dealing with civil servants and bureaucracy here 😂
When I went to get my CDI, I had to have the guy behind the desk get his boss before he’d issue one to me, even though I met every requirement AFIP stated, so I understand well.

Back