Permanent Residence status - question

Why are some people so toxic when they hide behind the computer? Just wondering.

Attorney said:
do not stay out of the country more than 2 years or your permanent residency will be cancelled (provision 62 inc. c) of Immigration Act). In other words: live in the US if you want, but make sure you visit Argentina every 2 years at least for one day. ;)

Attorney.

Quite generous. The USA gives you 6 months out of the country (renewable one time for another 6) before losing your green card. Here's 2 years, great indeed.

EMR said:
Residencia Permanente is permanent residence. NO more renewals are required. I assume if you have permanent you renewed it several times. Now that it is permanent you can leave without losing the status. You just have to make sure your fiscal address and all of the addresses for DNI, and the tax authorities are up to date. Jorge Ruffa is a great immigration lawyer. He would probably charge you a consult fee but I have found it is best to do things right.

[email protected]

It is permanent status. ON the taxes, if you came on a rentista visa and the income you have is pension etc, then there are no taxes in Argentina.

How would the members of this forum compare this lawyer with the other lawyer talked about on this forum? The other lawyer's name is posted by EliasBB below
Originally Posted by EliasBB
"Please contact this Lawyer, Gabriel Celano at [email protected]. He knows exactly how to deal with his. I have some friends that hired him and they got their DNIs very quickly."

Which lawyer is best and why?

Thanks, David ;)

davejohnson333 said:
How would the members of this forum compare this lawyer with the other lawyer talked about on this forum? The other lawyer's name is posted by EliasBB below
Originally Posted by EliasBB
"Please contact this Lawyer, Gabriel Celano at [email protected]. He knows exactly how to deal with his. I have some friends that hired him and they got their DNIs very quickly."

Which lawyer is best and why?

Thanks, David ;)

My experience is that if you ask (and pay for the services) of 10 different professionals, you will get 11 different answers. Foreigners are incredibly big business in Argentina. Even your own will take advantage of you. They learn to do this over time and for reasons of survival and/or money.

With regard to EMR's post, I looked at the date of the post and I am not clear on whether that is before the changes occurred or not.

Back