Pilar Express Bus

Ceviche

Registered
Guys,

Have to use this bus to reach my destination. I will board it in Plaza Italia

what is its schedule like? Every hour or every 15 minutes?

where do you buy its tickets? How much for ( to keep the coins handy).

We took the 57 recently . I am not aware of the schedule, but it was good enough to just turn up and wait . Paid 11 pesos with Sube card from Cabildo so yours would be a bit more . If you don't have Sube be prepared for double. I think with coins you need to pay the driver but nor sure .It took about 45 minutes to get to Pilar.

I would imagine so as long as it is small bills and that he may not necessarily be able to give you change for 30 if the fare is 28 for example. A lot of people travel with Sube on these buses and the drivers change is limited .So prepare yourself with small bills.

However you could buy a Sube for 15 pesos ,it is very easy now ,put some money on it and do the registration of the sube online at your leisure. I think they give you 30 days.You do not need to go buy it armed with all your details as before .

Are you talking about the Pilar Express? Don't you still buy the ticket for it at the ticket booth in Plaza Italia? And you can buy r/t there.

They run really frequently, esp at rush hour.

Do you think currency notes will be accepted?

I live near Pilar and took it a dozen times.

Currency notes are note accepted in the bus (only at the terminals booths in Plaza Italia & Pilar).

They indeed run frequently, just beware if you come back on a late sunday afternoon from Pilar after a sunny day: lots of people (and better board it in the terminal in Pilar, rather than at the few stops in the following kilometers).

I take it every week.

- You cant buy the ticket in Plaza Italia, it used to be a cabin but its closed now.
- They dont accept billetes, only SUBE (11 pesos to Pilar) or coins (dont know how much).
- Every 15 minutes
- Be carefull there exists one that goes only up to Lagartos Country Club (thats kilometro 46) and they stop there.

Guys,

Have to use this bus to reach my destination. I will board it in Plaza Italia

what is its schedule like? Every hour or every 15 minutes?

where do you buy its tickets? How much for ( to keep the coins handy).

Haven't done it in years but it used to be every 15'. Take the "Diferencial" (most expensive and with less stops).
Even if you do not use it, I suggest you buy the round trip at Pza. Italia.
If you're not going to the Pilar Terminal but somewhere before that last stop, find out if there's a stop close to your destination and ask the driver to let you know when you arrive.
At Pilar, find a remis company as soon as you get there and have their phone number handy.

Used the pilar express from Plaza Italia today.

The driver was not ready to accept effectivo. he told me to go to boleteria. When I went to Boletria, they said they sell tickets for other buses except Pilar express and I must have sube card ( which I do not have).

Ultimately a very nice Argentine lady helped me. She punched her Sube card twice and let me board the bus. She was so nice to me that she evn refused to take the 12 peso fare despite my repeated attempts! BLESS the Argentines..I love this country!

On my way back, a boy - a college student did the same for me though he did gladly accept the fare from me in effectivo.

At Pilar, it was tough to get the remi. I found the remi service but they did not have aremi for 20 minutes. while returning in evening on Pilar express, it was much slower, stopping everywhere and seemed like a never ending ride!

Hope this helps potential pilar express users!

There are many services, did u pick the Diferencial or just went with the Express?

Diferencial should take around 45' minutes to reach Pza Italia or Pilar, depending on which direction u travel.

Start working on getting a SUBE card. Will let u know if I can find one myself.

Back