Politically Correctness And Racism In Argentina

Argentine are not racist, just not hypocritical or politically correct. They say what they think no matter what. In other counries, these comments are shared at home because they are PC.

Hey Sargent Red Possum of the Logical Fallacy Police, where were you on this one?

I don't think you are. People are very racist in Argentina. It's sad but it's true. There was a thread about this a few months ago. If I had 50 pesos for every time I've heard a taxi driver call another driver boliviano de %$%$% I would probably have enough money to gift ARBound to get out of here. People have a lot of nasty racist feelings here and there's little or no PC culture here as opposed to the US. They face little or no consequences. They also lack tact when it comes to saying things like Korean and Chinese are the same thing, even if the people in question are in the room.

I dont think you know this, but Argentinians are treated like SH** in Bolivia, a lot worse than bolivians here. Ive had friends who were beaten by drunk bolivians for the mere fact of being argies, in El Alto. One had to spend a night in the middle of the desert because nobody wanted to give him fuel for his car, and when they went to filling stations they had to pay 3 times the official price, while being told 'gringo de mier**, vuelvete a europa'... i can keep going for hours. But hey, i guess you only see one side of the coin. After all, only white europeans from 'first world countries' can be racist, right?

And don't even get me started on Paraguayans, they despise argies too, even the ones living here. If I had 50 pesos for every time I've heard a paraguayan call an argentinian 'Curepí de mier**' I would probably have enough money to gift ARBound to get out of here.

And btw, that Korean and Chinese misunderstanding is plain ignorance, just like most spanish speaking people in the US are called mexicans. Hell, if im not mistaken, even some guy on this forum whose wife is argentinian had experienced it when they went to the US.

Browse my posts, I always look at both sides. I don't even have a problem praising ajo when it's the right thing.

There's racism in every country. Here they complain about the Bolivians, in the U.S. the Mexicans, in Italy the Africans, and so on. People here just say what they think. They have no concept of using a filter when opening their mouths, but if someone calls an Italian a tano, or a North American a Yankee, that doesn't necessarily mean they're racist against them. I agree with Nikad. I'm not sure they're racist here so much as they're "not politically correct". Not to say everyone, I never want to generalize. I believe it's cultural in Argentina. I reiterate what has been mentioned on this forum many times: they call overweight people flaco, and thin people gordo, but they say it in a demeaning way. It's shocking to sit at the table during an asado with portenio friends and watch one of them, who's an educated, word class traveler and a lawyer, make jokes like pulling the corners of his eyes into a slant so that he looks Asian. Yet, he honestly isn't prejudice against Asians. I think many Argentines innocently, or ignorantly, think that this kind of behavior although it be unintentionally racist, is offensive.

It's gotten so bad in the US, I couldn't even call some redneck 'a cracker' without getting sued.

The MOFOs would chase you down with their electric scooters and run you over with their grotesque obese fatbodies.

27845d1262227776-top-10-stimulus-projects-fat_man_on_scooter.jpg

It's gotten so bad in the US, I couldn't even call some redneck 'a cracker' without getting sued.

The MOFOs would chase you down with their electric scooters and run you over with their grotesque obese fatbodies.

27845d1262227776-top-10-stimulus-projects-fat_man_on_scooter.jpg

Reminds me of some golden ones from my favorite FB page
(Christians For Michele Bachmann)

10310651_813116945380128_8775703685713937018_n.jpg

10151369_812024392156050_6609657134158079931_n.jpg

(I'm fat and these make me laugh)

Back