Poll: Which will kill more Argentines: the COV-19 Virus or the Quarantine?

Which will kill more Argentines: the Virus or the Quarantine in the next two years?

• The Corona Virus

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Quarantine

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • About the Same

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
We will never truly know because most people recover at home without COVID-19 diagnosis and other recover without even knowing they had it.

This will be easily detectable by а serological test that should be available soon. Everybody who was infected and recovered will have antibodies for the coronavirus.

They are discussing using special identification cards to show whether or not person has an immunity to the COVID-19.

This will be easily detectable by а serological test that should be available soon. Everybody who was infected and recovered will have antibodies for the coronavirus.

They are discussing using special identification cards to show whether or not person has an immunity to the COVID-19.

Oh sure, it will be. But available soon... available where? In Argentina where they are doing so well with current testing? Please.

Oh sure, it will be. But available soon... available where? In Argentina where they are doing so well with current testing? Please.

In the USA probably this month. In Argentina a few months later. It is not that every country needs to develop coronavirus tests and drugs on its own, they cooperate.

In the USA probably this month. In Argentina a few months later. It is not that every country needs to develop coronavirus tests and drugs on its own, they cooperate.
I am not saying that. I am saying even with access to such tests, Argentina will not use them broadly, at least not for a long time. When the government is fumbling the current testing situation, why do you think they could efficiently roll out another testing regime?

When the government is fumbling the current testing situation, why do you think they could efficiently roll out another testing regime?

This is a technical issue. With PCR tests, you need to send your sample to a lab and number of available PCR machines is limiting. (Relatively) cheap PCR machine can process 96 samples in like 8 hours.

Test for antibodies will be done in 15 minutes on the spot. That's why everybody is so excited about it.

This is a technical issue. With PCR tests, you need to send your sample to a lab and number of available PCR machines is limiting. (Relatively) cheap PCR machine can process 96 samples in like 8 hours.

Test for antibodies will be done in 15 minutes on the spot.
It's a technical issue? Or is it an availability issue? If Argentina does not have enough available tests, what does the time it takes matter? If there are only 1 million machines (let's say for example), then availability is the problem. If there were 40 million tests, the technical issue of it taking more time would not matter.

Good for you if you believe Argentina would adopt a wide-scale testing schedule even if they are done in 15 minutes. I share your optimism about the test itself, but not in Argentina's willingness or ability to implement it in a meaningful way.

If there are only 1 million machines ...

Nice estimate. How many testing and research labs do you think there is in this country? One for every 4 people?

Regarding medicine, biotech and pharma, Argentina is reasonably advanced. This is not Zimbabwe, after all.

Nice estimate. How many testing and research labs do you think there is in this country? One for every 4 people?
That's disingenuous. I didn't say estimate (on purpose), I said example.

You think Argentina will be able to roll out an immunity test and card for its population and I don't think there is any evidence of Argentine organization that suggests that is the case. We'll see.

That's disingenuous. I didn't say estimate (on purpose), I said example.

You think Argentina will be able to roll out an immunity test and card for its population and I don't think there is any evidence of Argentine organization that suggests that is the case. We'll see.
You mean this:

You are uninformed.
There are different strains of Covid-19. In Argentina at Malbran discovered 3 new strains. Now they can adjust the test and do proper testings (infected and immunity).

Last edited:
Back