Porteños and 'cold'

AkBill

Registered
What is with these people, the sun was shining today, it isnt even cold, and they are dressed like they are on some arctic expedition to the south pole

The weather now is perfecto, and I'm passing women on the street with these giant puffy arctic jackets, scarves, gloves

Today i went for a jog with a t shirt and every woman i passed i was like homie please

It's all about what you are used to. My friend here would not go out because it was nine degrees at night. We stopped off for an iced cream on the way home.
Go to Benidorm in the winter, all the Brits walking around in shorts and tee shirts and all the locals are in their big coats.
It is about the same temperature here now as it is at home and all the barbies will be going strong and everyone will be out in their shorts supping fro their tinnies.

It´s also about dates. It is now officially "Cold Season" and that means fur coats are worn. I have always laughed at the women (normally older women) wandering around in full on winter gear on a 25 degrees day just because it is now Autumn and one wears fur in Autumn.

Hey, were you that blonde girl sniggering at me in my wool jacket and boots on Scalabrini Ortiz yesterday at 4pm? In year 1-3 I swear I was in a t-shirt on the bus with prtenos in ski jackets..I even met someone in a balaclava whilst I was in a skinny vest..but now Im so localized I swear I say "its bitter outside" when its 15 degrees..and Im Irsih. 15 degrees in Ireland is full-on summer. Im proud to say my bones are now fully Argentinean, expat no more!

Cos you were fat like a doughboy and really badly dressed..you had to be an expat...:) Let the daggers be drawn....

hmm
Ricardo who?; ) Ricardo Arjona dice...

El problema no es auscencia
el problema es q te espero mina
el problema no es problema, guapa
el problema es q me duele
el problema no es q mientas.....................................

EL PROBLEMA ES Q SIEMPREEEEEEEE TE CREO FIFA

A very funny post.... I am always amazed at the jackets gloves and scarfs even on the crowded trains, buses and subways...I will be suffering in a short sleeve shirt with no air and so hot and stuffy... everyone else is dressed for the Arctic..... it is a wild scene!!

Back