Potentially Moving to Argentina

Mendoza and certain parts of Chile have Mapuches. The Mapuche are the local indigenous people that have a long ongoing fight trying to get their land back. Depending on where you choose to live they may not take kindly to foreigners buying land that they claim as their own. People have been injured and killed in violent conflicts with them. That’s a headache you'll want to avoid.
But the links you quote cite conflicts in Chilean Araucania and Argentine Patagonia. Don't tell me Mendoza City is overrun with this violence. <iframe width="853" height="480" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
As a matter of interest is there anything wrong with Mendoza and its environs?

Crime in the city of Mendoza (I'm not sure about the countryside) and the posssibility (especially during a grand solar minimum) of a devastating earthquake.

This happened on the 29th of September:

Mendoza has a history of devastating earthquakes and a grand solar minimum (which will usher in an era of increasing sismic and volcanic events) is just beginning.

Does the new tax include taxes on UK pensions (government and private)? I'm a bit confused as to what taxes I will pay on the standard UK pension and a small occupational pension when I move to BA.
I’m not a tax expert for sure but my research indicates that pension income is not taxed.

I’m not a tax expert for sure but my research indicates that pension income is not taxed.
Yes this had been discussed before so I was aware, and also Steve broached the point about the UK state pension (fortunately not my occupational pension) being frozen were I to move to Argentina. According to Wikipedia these are the only countries I could move to to receive an uprating with inflation:

The only other countries in which the UK state pension rises in the same way as UK state pensioners are: European Union countries, Switzerland, Barbados; Bermuda; Bosnia-Herzegovina; Guernsey; Isle of Man; Israel; Jamaica; Jersey; Mauritius; Montenegro; North Macedonia; the Philippines; Serbia; Turkey; and the United States of America.

Back