Power Outages anyone???

On January 29, 1957, Buenos Airees registered an all-time high of 43.3 Celsius. That was the actual temperature, not the "sensacion termica".

Most of the city is affected, when I was out and about I found part of Recoleta (around the cemetery) has electricity, but nowhere else close.

My phone says 38 degrees. At least my mobile phone service has come back.

Most of the city is affected, when I was out and about I found part of Recoleta (around the cemetery) has electricity, but nowhere else close.

My phone says 38 degrees. At least my mobile phone service has come back.
It's 40C and "feels like 46"... aka 115F for our US American friends :)
Yes, east of Pueyrredon it's Edesur and they were not affected.
Power came pack in Palermo Soho about 30 min ago.

I heard there was a house fire that was responsible for the power outage, and that it’ll come back on slowly. My Airbnb near Recoleta got a power outage for a while and I’ve been roaming outside since so don’t know if it came back on. Had a mini LED lantern with me that provided decent light to take a shower. Packed it for exactly this scenario which I read about here. Whole building was dark and had to use a flashlight to walk downstairs. Shower had hot water for some reason though. Also having trouble with Google Fi service. Initially couldn’t even get service, and then kept getting H+ service. Is that related to the power outage or normal? Don’t know, just arrived this morning. Now getting LTE in this area that I’m walking around near that famous bookstore.

I heard there was a house fire that was responsible for the power outage, and that it’ll come back on slowly. My Airbnb near Recoleta got a power outage for a while and I’ve been roaming outside since so don’t know if it came back on. Had a mini LED lantern with me that provided decent light to take a shower. Packed it for exactly this scenario which I read about here. Whole building was dark and had to use a flashlight to walk downstairs. Shower had hot water for some reason though. Also having trouble with Google Fi service. Initially couldn’t even get service, and then kept getting H+ service. Is that related to the power outage or normal? Don’t know, just arrived this morning. Now getting LTE in this area that I’m walking around near that famous bookstore.

Hot water is gas. Cell towers need electricity and the ones with backup were probably overloaded.

Another tip if you live in a building. When power cuts happen that you’re not sure how long it could last, fill up the bathtub or some buckets for water (for washing and flushing etc.) Generally there are tanks on the roof with water that is pumped up from ground level. Once the tank is empty, the apartments are without water until electricity returns.

There were also some warnings from the water company today to avoid drinking tap water since the treatment plants were also without water for some hours.

Back