Power Outages anyone???

Another tip if you live in a building. When power cuts happen that you’re not sure how long it could last, fill up the bathtub or some buckets for water (for washing and flushing etc.) Generally there are tanks on the roof with water that is pumped up from ground level. Once the tank is empty, the apartments are without water until electricity returns.

There were also some warnings from the water company today to avoid drinking tap water since the treatment plants were also without water for some hours.
Gotta be quick to fill those tubs!

I’m in the interior and it is happening here constantly too. Presumably it is happening in Rosario?

This is just a reminder for the new folks in town. I had my first power outage last month.
It was only for about 45 minutes and it started around 10pm, just as I was sitting down to dinner.
So you might want to stock up on candles, flashlights, matches and or kerosene lamps.
I have all of the above.

Lucky you!
For us it was day before yesterday, and lasted 4 hours, from 12:30 to 4:30

But yeah, your advice is good. Candles, matches, and a trusty flashlight that's always in the same place, so you can *&%(*&()* find it in the dark.

Lucky you!
For us it was day before yesterday, and lasted 4 hours, from 12:30 to 4:30

For a 4-5 hour outage I suggest having at least one light fixture in every room have one of these:

They "turn on" instantly when the power is cut, so there is no need to stumble or fumble around in the dark.

As well as one of these in each room:

But yeah, your advice is good. Candles, matches, and a trusty flashlight that's always in the same place, so you can *&%(*&()* find it in the dark.

Here's what a "hard core prepper" like me would have on hand:

I have at least four of all of the above. (same brand and same model) except for the mini flashlight.

The Spica mini-flashlights are awesome (especially the side light).

Power outages here are rare (less than one a month on average) and usually last for less than 30 minutes (as maintenance work is being performed).

Last edited:
No power in my house in San Telmo. Had to work early hours so went to Starbucks… and unlike all power sockets in my house and other places I’ve been, there’s none where I can plug the european one.

Where do they usually sell adapters here? Supermarkets? Ferreterías?

Power outages here are rare (less than one a month on average) and usually last for less than 30 minutes (as maintenance work is being performed).

Outages because of thunderstorms can last an hour or two, but they are also rare and the crews are on call 24/7.

Back