Preparing to go to colonia for 7th time! Eek!!

Carol said:
After being more than 180 days in the country, can you start the process to get a student/rentist visa? if you go to Dirección de migraciones after your tourist visa expires, and ask to apply for a visa, can they deny it to you?

You can regularize your situation any time.
However, they can deny it if you don´t full fit the requirements.
Then, they start the deportation procedure.
Forget about student about visa.
Regards

I am thinking of applying for the rentist visa
I thought the whole point of the rentista visa was to have a bank account here with regular payments. what are the basic requirements of that visa?
there's a minimum amount of money but what are you supposed to do with that...
how does it work if not via bank accounts?

Carol said:
I thought the whole point of the rentista visa was to have a bank account here with regular payments. what are the basic requirements of that visa?

The whole point of the visa rentista is to allow foreigners who have a stable foreign income to live in Argentina year round. The bottom line is that you must have $2000 nonsalaried foreign income per month. The bank account requirement is just a way of showing migraciones that you have access to the funds in Argentina. You have to show (at least) your last two Argentine bank statements when renewing the visa and continue to document the source of the funds. It is not easy to set up bank to bank (wire) transfers once you are here.

You can read all about the visa rentista in a number of threads. I suggest you start with this one: Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

Carol said:

How long have you been in Argentina?
Regards

Using words like "Nazi" and "Nazism" to describe the political reality of today is the problem, and truly demeans the suffering and horror for those that went through it or have relatives who perished from it.

There is nothing on this globe right now that could even compare. Certainly, not immigration policies, however strict. Do you even have a concept as to what it would take to murder 6+ million people. It is murder on an industrial scale!!

To use that word, only points out that you don't know what you are talking about and do not have a more intelligent way to express your opinion. Stick to Argentine immigration law.

The nazi policy had many layers. The most extrem one was the genocide. No doubt of it. But, why it was possible? Because there were people with rights and the jews, russians, polish, gipsys who were righless.

The same philosophy I see in the US, probably this is regarding to the long tradition about slavery instead of the nazi influence, perhaps you are right about that. The point is that human beings have rights because they are human beings.

But nowadays there is a crisis and there are politicians that say that the lack of jobs are because of immigrants and they criminalize honest hard working people. Germany had the same issue after WWI and the nazi propaganda criminalized jews and russians. You should try to wach what nazi propaganda was about. Joseph Goebbels sounds familiar to you?
What is the difference between jews, mexicans, argentinians, your self? Is there any?

What is the difference about what the nazis done and the us army is doing right now? Yes, I know, the us army is not killing enough.

You know, torture is a crime against humanity. In this country we are prosecuting people who has done the same your militars are doing today but 30 years earlier.

But, of course, nobody in the us cares about what happends to muslins, they are not humans, right?. Your former president defend the use of torture. What can you say about that?

What can you say about secrets prisions? It is an eufemism for concentration camp. What about the rights of the human beings that are in guantanamo and any other illegal concentration camp?

Off topic over.

Bajo - two unsolicited pieces of advice.
1)You've probably pissed off a lot of Americans with your assertion that US = Nazi Germany. If you intend to have clients from the US, it would probably be wisest to keep your political opinions to yourself or at least tone them down.

2) Without getting into defending the US actions (of which there are many that I vehemently oppose), as A&A said, there is NO valid comparison to Nazi Germany and the systematic slaughter of 6 million people.

Back to the OP - Did you go to Colonia? And did you have any problems?

Bajo_cero2 said:
The nazi policy had many layers. The most extrem one was the genocide. No doubt of it. But, why it was possible? Because there were people with rights and the jews, russians, polish, gipsys who were righless.

The same philosophy I see in the US, probably this is regarding to the long tradition about slavery instead of the nazi influence, perhaps you are right about that. The point is that human beings have rights because they are human beings.

But nowadays there is a crisis and there are politicians that say that the lack of jobs are because of immigrants and they criminalize honest hard working people. Germany had the same issue after WWI and the nazi propaganda criminalized jews and russians. You should try to wach what nazi propaganda was about. Joseph Goebbels sounds familiar to you?
What is the difference between jews, mexicans, argentinians, your self? Is there any?

What is the difference about what the nazis done and the us army is doing right now? Yes, I know, the us army is not killing enough.

You know, torture is a crime against humanity. In this country we are prosecuting people who has done the same your militars are doing today but 30 years earlier.

But, of course, nobody in the us cares about what happends to muslins, they are not humans, right?. Your former president defend the use of torture. What can you say about that?

What can you say about secrets prisions? It is an eufemism for concentration camp. What about the rights of the human beings that are in guantanamo and any other illegal concentration camp?

Off topic over.

If you stick to lawyerly advice you might get a client or two from this forum, but not from the USA and not because of your Nazi analogy. Few of us would have the chutzpah to stay in Argentina without a valid visa for the two or three years necessary to become eligible for citizenship. Fewer still would be willing or able to stay for that length of time without returning to the US to attend the Nazi rallies.

(If you use opera web browser you will enable the spell check feature of this website.)

citygirl said:
Bajo - two unsolicited pieces of advice.
1)You've probably pissed off a lot of Americans with your assertion that US = Nazi Germany. If you intend to have clients from the US, it would probably be wisest to keep your political opinions to yourself or at least tone them down.

2) Without getting into defending the US actions (of which there are many that I vehemently oppose), as A&A said, there is NO valid comparison to Nazi Germany and the systematic slaughter of 6 million people.

Back to the OP - Did you go to Colonia? And did you have any problems?

still deciding....still leaning towards "no". My visa runs out mid-november so have a week or two before I have to head to buquebus. :cool:

Back