Price of meat will skyrocket

Do you honestly think this whack job actually cares about getting other people sick? I've met a ton of Qanonists and they only gaf about themselves and have no empathy gene. The only thing they are concerned with is proving their point at all cost.
That sounds like an awful way to live. I think provided you participate in society and aren't some sort of hermit, you have a social debt to others to try and at the very least, care about the wellbeing of others, and how your actions (or lack thereof) effect them. No man is an island, and the sooner people realize this the better imo.

But back to the topic at hand. With the 25% inflation in December and 25% expected for January, I think we're facing down the barrel of a fast approaching social crisis. I was reading that the canasta basica for CABA is now 500K/month to not be indigent, and this excludes rent. That's 3.2 times the minimum wage, and you need to add in the cost of housing, increasing services, etc. and with flat wages things are looking more and more to be a massive recession and I wouldn't be surprised if we breach 50% poverty this year.

Not all of this is Milei's fault, Massa left them a bomb after all, but I think we're moving further away from defusing to just letting it go off while shouting every man for himself.

That sounds like an awful way to live. I think provided you participate in society and aren't some sort of hermit, you have a social debt to others to try and at the very least, care about the wellbeing of others, and how your actions (or lack thereof) effect them. No man is an island, and the sooner people realize this the better imo.

But back to the topic at hand. With the 25% inflation in December and 25% expected for January, I think we're facing down the barrel of a fast approaching social crisis. I was reading that the canasta basica for CABA is now 500K/month to not be indigent, and this excludes rent. That's 3.2 times the minimum wage, and you need to add in the cost of housing, increasing services, etc. and with flat wages things are looking more and more to be a massive recession and I wouldn't be surprised if we breach 50% poverty this year.

Not all of this is Milei's fault, Massa left them a bomb after all, but I think we're moving further away from defusing to just letting it go off while shouting every man for himself.
You were actually right on the topic with first paragraph, albeit unintentionally. The scale of prices jump we are seeing isn't adjustment, it's extortion. Not everyone in the country, and certainly not the ones in the power, are willing to participate in the rebuild. It is basically war profiting, and everyone that can, is jumping on that train, leaving those that are at the end of the chain in poverty.

I get it, it's free market now, but market was sick, and is sicker now. Establishing some healthy balance in such circumstances is impossible, at least not before purchase power hits the bottom, or something nastier happens.

Of course we can't blame Milei, he acts according to his ideology. But he should have a puppet, that would bark about restrictions, if the businesses won't be reasonable enough. This isn't happening, so it's free for all.

I still have a bit of hope things will settle a bit, although in my opinion we already reached 60% of relative poverty at the end of last year.

Just a price update from Publix supermarkets in Miami/Ft Lauderdale to compare with prices here. Wine prices aren't indicative of what's available here but the lest expensive wine I saw was around $8 US.

Attachments

• BE668D06-8157-40E0-9AC9-2E9B1B5819F9.jpeg
    BE668D06-8157-40E0-9AC9-2E9B1B5819F9.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 538238FE-72D4-472F-A99B-0A9663A92A15.jpeg
    538238FE-72D4-472F-A99B-0A9663A92A15.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 13
Will check DIA Super
Tuna (lomitos) en oferta until (and including) tomorrow. $1290.

I just bought 16 cans.

Earlier today I bought 6 cans in Carrefour for $1850, including a discount. Good thing they have a limit of 6 cans.

Tuna (lomitos) en oferta until (and including) tomorrow. $1290.

I just bought 16 cans.

Earlier today I bought 6 cans in Carrefour for $1850, including a discount. Good thing they have a limit of 6 cans.
ratoneando.ar

Check if you can track it here.

I think we're heading for the worst of both worlds, Milei unable to push through any reforms that have a chance of bringing long term prosperity.
Meanwhile businesses trying to scalp the public and prices go through the roof until something gives....

ratoneando.ar

Check if you can track it here.
Seems like a pretty useless search. You have to be precise in what you're looking for, it seems to only give results for a few chains, and you can't sort the results. Maybe it could be useful if you're desperate, I don't know. It never hurts to have one more search option if you're looking for something, I guess.

I think we're heading for the worst of both worlds, Milei unable to push through any reforms that have a chance of bringing long term prosperity.
Meanwhile businesses trying to scalp the public and prices go through the roof until something gives....
It's still early. Let's not give up yet.

I've significantly reduced my frequency of eating out compared to before. Previously, it was several times a week, but now it's down to once or twice a month. I've cut out all unnecessary spending. My sneakers have holes, and I'm debating whether to buy new ones or not, lol. Some of my friends say they only eat meat and chicken once a week, likely due to rising costs.

Wages, so far, haven't increased as they should. A friend who works in retail mentioned they're getting two planned raises: one of 20% and another of 11%, but that's it for now. Her salary will reach around 600K monthly. She also noted that retail sales have plummeted, indicating that businesses are facing a dilemma: sales are down, yet they need to raise employee salaries. It's January now, and February is typically slow too. We'll see if things improve in March. That will give us a clearer idea of whether this approach is sustainable.

I've significantly reduced my frequency of eating out compared to before. Previously, it was several times a week, but now it's down to once or twice a month. I've cut out all unnecessary spending. My sneakers have holes, and I'm debating whether to buy new ones or not, lol. Some of my friends say they only eat meat and chicken once a week, likely due to rising costs.

Wages, so far, haven't increased as they should. A friend who works in retail mentioned they're getting two planned raises: one of 20% and another of 11%, but that's it for now. Her salary will reach around 600K monthly. She also noted that retail sales have plummeted, indicating that businesses are facing a dilemma: sales are down, yet they need to raise employee salaries. It's January now, and February is typically slow too. We'll see if things improve in March. That will give us a clearer idea of whether this approach is sustainable.
Yet many of these people have the best cell phone plan, subscribe to Netflix and drive to even just a local destination rather than walk. Nothing changes except which language and/or country the complaining is in.

Back