Prices

Yes, there is proof abounding on this board that airheads come in all ages (and nationalities), and the last thing I want to do with my time is get into a Cyberspace argument with someone who appears to be incapacitated from the start.

Old age does not bestow automatic wisdom, and wisdom and knowledge are not automatically connected. But age is more likely to have produced more wisdom than a child would have, and knowledge augments wisdom nicely.

It is common for young people, especially and notoriously teenagers, but it can persist well into one's 20s and 30s, to think they know a whole lot more than they really do, to exhibit themselves as more knowledgeable than they really are. One element of wisdom is outgrowing that.

Also responding to a discussion with a snide lol is another self-evident sample of immaturity.

So is thinking apples and oranges comparisons prove anything at all.

If you're lucky, you will outgrow a lot of this.

Are you serious ?

This is what you are talking about, that was a pissing contest ?

I really don't understand where all this jealousy is coming from. But from most of your recent posts, I can tell you lack both wisdom and knowledge, not to mention a certain level of class. Youre 65, stop acting like an uneducated internet troll.

But keep referencing my " wealth " all you want. You seem to be much more fixated on it than anyone else here, including myself.

SaraSara said:
About clothes: a while ago you engaged in a long pissing contest with SteveinBA about clothes, during which you contributed jewels such as this:

Guess you forgot this when you said you had mentioned clothes just once.

Hey, I’m supposed to be the ANCIENT one who forgets things, not you... :D

In the net it is brainpower that counts. Due to your tender age, you may be seriously challenged in that department.

But don't lose heart - some day you'll grow up, will shed your insecurities, and won't need to brag about your supposed wealth. Age does wonders for self-confidence. Take it from one who knows.

I take it that Alex has no explanation for his Zegna exchange, or conveniently ignores the subject for lack of arguments.

Much easier to talk about age.

AlexfromLA said:
Haha,

Where on earth would you wear Zegna in Argentina ? No seriously ?

And if you're going to buy Zegna, why buy off the rack ? Isn't the whole point of EZ to buy Bespoke ?

About the only thing I would buy from EZ off the rack would be their ties.

I haven't been around here long at all, but long enough to wonder why informative, interesting, and useful threads tend to degenerate into silliness and "pissing contests."

I already regret having participated in the one that degenerated here.

Count me out. I have long ago outgrown this kind of thing.

Lol,

It seems i've angered the entire geriatric wing of this forum. I'm betting you haven't yet noticed the irony in your latest post.

But yeah, thanks for agreeing with my very succinct point. Everything else is you trying to massage your own ego. Self-aggrandizement must work for all ages ?

Eternalnewbie said:
Old age does not bestow automatic wisdom, and wisdom and knowledge are not automatically connected.

Eternalnewbie said:
I already regret having participated in the one that degenerated here.

Eternalnewbie said:
I have long ago outgrown this kind of thing.

I really don't think you understand just how stupid and disingenuous this sounds.

I mean do you proof read your posts or are you just winging it on that old age " wisdom " ?

AlexfromLA said:
I can tell you lack both wisdom and knowledge, not to mention a certain level of class. Youre 65, stop acting like an uneducated internet troll.

Amazingly wise, educated, and classy observation. I'm truly impressed.

You seem to be obsessed with age, so I have a question: if old age does not automatically confer "wisdom", does youth guarantee it?

Your posts demonstrate that it doesn't. But as I said before, don't lose heart - you may get to grow up.

lol

You're still talking about my " wealth " aren't you ?

As to your second jibe. I'm in my 20's i'm not saying im wise you dolt. What I am saying is you have exhibited neither wisdom or knowledge. And also a lack of class for someone your age.

But hey, thats just how you role.

SaraSara said:
ROFLMAO

Alex, you better go back to daydreaming about bespoke Zegna suits and off the rack Zegna ties. The members of the geriatric set are on to you.

On an age-related point, if old age does not automatically confer "wisdom", does youth guarantee it?

Your posts prove that it doesn't.

Back