Prison Break - Is It A Mafia Thing?

maybe he was celebrating the downfall of the people who sold him down the river and hoping that their downfall means he wouldn't be "nismaned" in prison, little did he know he would be kidnapped out of prison by the previous regime.

No kiddnaping:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1858201-las-insondables-ramificaciones-narco

No, someone let them out, I'd agree.

I guess that proves it was Macri, eh? I guess Fernandez couldn't have had connections that would have let them out just to hurt Macri et al, so he could conveniently blame Macri et al on his loss in the province, also conveniently that he had mentioned a few weeks before that he was afraid they'd escape and Macri et al better watch them to make sure they stayed in jail. Kind of a strange warning if you ask me - all the things that the previous administration could have warned the new administration about, all the things they could have helped with transitioning, instead they did the opposite and obfuscated things for the new administration - except this warning about the guys in jail for the "triple crime". Sure, Macri's also going to be stupid enough to actually let them out even after this public warning of Fernandez's, right? Impossible that Fernandez could have set that up and even rendezvoused with them later to kill them, they being quite ignorant of their ultimate fate after being released?

Pretty slim stuff to blame Macri on.

Of course, the article you linked to goes on, after talking about how easy it was for them to get out without being kidnapped, to pretty much lay the blame of narcotrafficking in Argentina on the Ks for the previous 12 years, including returning to the concept of Cristina's 2007 campaign being financed by drug money from cartels in Mexico. Hey, but what's a little logic laid next to whatever anyone K has to say against anyone from macrismo?

Yeah, it's all Macri's fault. Clap, clap clap. Blah blah blah. To use a bajoism. Be a good seal.

Reactions: ben
You talk about the train crash? In that case, while the sentence is appeal, they are still innocent.

The Lanatta case is different because they are sicarios, not corrupt politicians or a bad train driver.

Accused or even sentenced with an appeal pending can be free unless there is risk of escape from justice or risk that they intimidate or kill witnesses or public officers.

Lanatta was in jail for the second risk, no matter if there is an appeal or not.

How many years may take for the Sentence to be Confirmed/Firme.... B)

You talk about the train crash? In that case, while the sentence is appeal, they are still innocent.

The Lanatta case is different because they are sicarios, not corrupt politicians or a bad train driver.

Accused or even sentenced with an appeal pending can be free unless there is risk of escape from justice or risk that they intimidate or kill witnesses or public officers.

Lanatta was in jail for the second risk, no matter if there is an appeal or not.
Well, we live and learn!
So the f**ckers get convicted for being responsible for the deaths of 51 innocent people, then get sentenced, then walk free.
Has the world gone utterly mad?
When I got divorced in the UK, I got into a spot of bother as I couldn't afford to pay a month's maintenance. The judge said that if I didn't pay there and then, I would go to prison immediately and he meant it.

Well, we live and learn!
So the f**ckers get convicted for being responsible for the deaths of 51 innocent people, then get sentenced, then walk free.
Has the world gone utterly mad?
When I got divorced in the UK, I got into a spot of bother as I couldn't afford to pay a month's maintenance. The judge said that if I didn't pay there and then, I would go to prison immediately and he meant it.

i prefer our system based on human rights (limits to the power of tge State).
First hierarchy judges decisions usually are arbitrary. The confirmation is a guaranty against abuse of power.
People died, we agree, if there is criminal responsability is more complex.
This is not common (simple) law.

Not sure what the bail controversy is about. Regarding the crash, there is little reason to believe they pose a flight risk, so they are innocent in the eyes of the law until all appeals are exhausted - completely so.

Common law - again - has nothing to do with anything, as this is exactly what happens often in the US as well. The rules vary from state to state, but oftentimes even when it comes to severe charges, the reason for not granting bail post-conviction is simply that the long prison sentence automatically makes the defendant a flight risk. And on the federal level, bail can certainly be granted pending an appeal.

I don't know that I'd trust a system where a judge decides my fate, even though I can appeal to the end, in a situation where one party owns enough seats in congress to have enough people on the judicial council to be able to assign and pull judges to benefit them against me. I'd rather take my shot with a jury of my peers to decide my fate with later having the chance to appeal as well.

So, in comparison to this trial on the Once train crash, what happens if someone is convicted of murder by a judge here and sentenced to 30 years?
Is the still free until appeal?

Back