Private English conversation class rates?

mcaffa

Registered
I'm helping someone who just got his TEFL certificate find teaching work here in BA. He's received an offer to give my coworker and his three children two-hour conversation classes once a week.

Any ideas on how much he should charge per hour for one adult and three kids?

I pay 100 an hour for my spanish teachers if that helps, for two of us. 3 kids and an adult is fairly full on to be fair.

Given the tremendous price of most things I should think $100 pesos an hour.

Thanks for the suggestions. He's decided to charge $60 an hour, since he knows the guy.

You also should consider it is a group and the amount of extra time that will be put in with prep work and assessments. I charge 60 pesos for an individual, but always have the back and forth interaction of giving homework and making corrections outside of that hour.

Nothing wrong with a nominal fee of say an extra 10 pesos when more people are added in. Unless of course you are just going to read from a book. As with everything, more work should warrant more money.

weltawelta said:
Nothing wrong with a nominal fee of say an extra 10 pesos when more people are added in. Unless of course you are just going to read from a book. As with everything, more work should warrant more money.
depends if you want to keep the student or not.:eek:

Back