Question about birth control

jet4749

Registered
Hey everyone! I am going to study abroad for 5 months in Argentina....I was wondering where can I find out information about birth controls in Argentina. I am on birth control right now, but my insurance will not give me a 5 month supply, only month by month. I heard birth control is very cheap in Argentina...can anyone give me information about what brands they have?

Thank you!

Condoms are widely available in Argentina. They can be found pretty much on any pharmacy or drug store. Have fun.

You can use a website like Grupo Alfa beta to see what medications are available in Argentina. You'll have to find an ingredient name in Spanish, or the brand name, to use it though. For example, if you want a birth control pill with ethinyl estradiol in it, look up etinilestradiol (though this only gives results where it's listed as the first ingredient, not the second) in the drogas box. Some versions of the birth control pill are imported. You can look up Yaz or Yasmin in the productos box, and it will show up.

You can buy most brands of BC over the counter here. I can't imagine there being a brand that you couldn't get here (or at least an equivalent version). I've seen Yasmin, etc...all the major ones! Maybe if you say what brand you're looking for, someone here might've seen it. As far as cost is concerned, you'd be looking at around 80-90 pesos a pack. No idea how that compares to the US.

It also depends if Argentina has a generic equivalent of what you want. I pay 25 pesos a pack for the equivalent of Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. There are also a couple of other threads about this on the forum.

I am looking for BeYaz... and (camberiu)-- I don't use birth control just for sex..I use it for medical reasons.

I use birth control for medical reasons..not just sex.

camberiu said:
Condoms are widely available in Argentina. They can be found pretty much on any pharmacy or drug store. Have fun.

I am looking for BeYaz

Ashley said:
You can buy most brands of BC over the counter here. I can't imagine there being a brand that you couldn't get here (or at least an equivalent version). I've seen Yasmin, etc...all the major ones! Maybe if you say what brand you're looking for, someone here might've seen it. As far as cost is concerned, you'd be looking at around 80-90 pesos a pack. No idea how that compares to the US.

jet4749 said:
I am looking for BeYaz... and (camberiu)-- I don't use birth control just for sex..I use it for medical reasons.

The Kairos site lists most if not all meds available in Argentina and their prices. Yaz is listed but not BeYaz.

Back